SHAKE, RATTLE AND ROLL

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
On decelleration, starting about 16mph down to 10 mph, I get a strong vibration like I am going over the lane bumps on the freeway. I have this regardless of what gear I am in. The brakes do not start this I can be costing and it starts. Any ideas?
Thanks

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
COMPOSER said:
On decelleration, starting about 16mph down to 10 mph, I get a strong vibration like I am going over the lane bumps on the freeway. I have this regardless of what gear I am in. The brakes do not start this I can be costing and it starts. Any ideas?
Thanks
What sort of tires are you running? Any noise or just vibration? Where do you feel the vibration, steering wheel, seat of your pants, feet?

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
It just started. tires are 4k old. I feel it in the front end. It is not a side to side feel, it feels up and down like the front end is going over freeway lane bumps.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
does it vibrate above those speeds? Did you get the tires balenced when yiu got them? what size and type are the tires? we need some details

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
sounds more like a blown shock. If it was a brake shoe, the steering wheel would likely shake bake and forth with the "grabbing" of hte shoe.

Also check ALL you suspension components for slop. Jack up the front end and give the everything a shake. Check for loose bearing, bad locking hub, loose lug nuts, tie rod ends, ball joints, shock bushings, etc. If you don't find anything I would stat be haveing the tires checked out and rebalanced (hopefully you bought them from a place that has lifetime balance to sacve money). It might be something as simple as you lost a wheel weight.

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
I will have the tire shop rebalance and check the front end completely for any slop or worn parts.
Thanks, you guys that reply are great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14