Shock replacement

FINKSTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While home on leave from his "sight-seeing" tour with the Army in Afghanistan, my son bought a just-like-new '99 F350 crew cab with the 7.3 engine with ONLY 95K miles. Before he left to complete his tour, he asked me to look after it until his return and fix a few "things" and look into some improvements
. Since he has e-mail access, I look forward to receiving a few parts shipments to keep me busy.

His first question has to do with replacement shocks. He prefers something that will dampen the harshness of the springs... not necessarily something for high performance usage although any suggestions you might have will be appreciated. THANKS!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I have had the Rancho 9000X shocks on my 02 7.3 for several years and if faced with replacing them I would most likely purchase the same ones over again ;tu

Tip my hat to your son on deployment, my brother serves with the Army's 56th SBCT :)

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of Bilsteins (see sig) and really like them. Put them on a few thousand miles ago and really like the performance of them.

I also tip my hat to your son.. Doing what he does there, lets us do what we do here....

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running Bilsteins for 3 years now and they are great shocks!

Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58