shocks

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
My truck is a 97 350 1-ton. I currently have 175k on it. I recently bought it and it was previously used as a fleet truck for another company. The ride is very hard, and I was wondering if new shocks would help at all. I know that they should have been replaced 120k ago:eek: , but it was kinda out of my control. I bought it with 174.5k on it. Anyhow, my mechanis said that it wouldn't make much of a difference. I know that the springs are really hard being that it's a 1-ton, but i was just curious. And, what do you guys think are the best and longest lasting shocks for these trucks??:thanks

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Bilstein. Spelling could be wrong, but its a good shock.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will be totally surprised with the Bilsteins! I was and I think they were about the best mod to my truck.

Dave

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
bilsteins. the ride will always be rigid, but the bilsteins have a harder rebound that greatly reduces the "ejection seat" effect when going over a bump. very long lasting as well, HOWEVER, save your receipt!

unfortunately i tossed mine and i have a fairly new blown bilstein. i just got a bum shock, but its on my dollar now. it would be under warranty if i had my slip.:(

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me 4. Bilstiens. I spent Big Bucks before I found the Ride Bilstiens gave me... 6 years ago.

But as Zookie sez.. Save yer receipt

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plus 1 here too ! best upgrade ive done...easy enough to do too.
link to a vendor is in my "mods" link.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58