Question Shopping for Satellite HDTV service

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I've read that if the DVR's(Directv and Dish) don't have adequate ventilation it causes the hard drive within the unit to overheat.

Also I've read that many HR21 owners that connect the receiver to their home internet network that it pisses the receiver off causing the video to freeze up,self reboot,etc. I'm thinking if I don't connect it to the internet and provide proper cooling it'll be problem free.:sweet

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have mine hooked up to internet, so I'm no help there. All in all, we are very happy. Our entertainment center has a "dedicated" shelf right under the tv that does not have a door, that's where ours is, I would assume that it stays pretty cool. Probably a good thing I did not put it in the cabinet part????

Barrett

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger and have a new HR21 DVR on the way,also have a 5lnb dish which will be on my doorstep tomorrow morning.

Weather pending I'll install everything Friday morning:sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
you guys watch WAY to much TV :tounge:tounge

this being said
our dish equipement is OWNED vice leased, much better deal and freebies later on. signal is over 95% and this was to achieved by talking to the last installer to tweak it to the stringest signal.
been with em since moses walked around.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Let us know how your installation goes, Bill. I am curious about the install of the 5 LNB dish.

Dave

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
We just put DirecTV in as well this last Monday. BIG upgrade from the Comcast service we had before, and we got the NFL Sunday Ticket, Go Vikes!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58