shorty project

02shorty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the forum and thought i would post some pics of my 02 short bed project. I bought this truck about a month ago and it has turned into a huge project! The first week I had it i shortened the frame to accomodate the short bed and started the bodywork to get ready for paint. The next week I hydroplaned and flipped it on its top!! At first I was ready to send it to the scrap yard but after examining the damage it I just decided to tear it down and start over.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, looks like quite a project. More power to ya if you have the time/patience/know-how for the rebuild. I'd be interested in your progress!

If you have questions, there's PLENTY of people who can help. Just holla :)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are pretty comfortable with body shop tools! Nice project if you have the room, and you do.

:SDD2

Dave

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some folks wonder why body shops cost so much when you carry something to be done. Think of what it would cost to have a body shop to do this. It takes alot of patience to take it all apart and to put it all back together then for it all to work. Good luck and :SDD

02shorty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the comments, got the interior installed yesterday and all the bodywork done on the doors and the front clip today.Also got my 08 taillights and 07 headlights and grille today. Glass guy is coming tomorrow so its all coming together quicker than i imagined. Should have everything painted and installed by friday except for the bed! Ill post some pics shortly.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have lots more patience that I do. Please send pictures of your progress. It will be interesting to see a regular cab short bed F-250. You'll have a "one of a kind" on the road.

02shorty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
a few more pics of the progress..dynamat installed and front clip and doors installed. The pic of me is a picture just to show the finish of the piant on the door..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14