single dullay wheel(s)

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i was talking to my girlfriends father yesterday and he was telling me that some of the trucks that pick up boxes from his factory have single extra wide tires in the rear instead of duals... i was wondering if anyone else has seen this revaltaion, and if its avaliable for dually pick ups... ive never seen or heard of it before but would love to see and get em if theyre real....:burnit

just give me some input please....:thanks

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's several dump truck's and semi's runin back and forth from the gravel pit's that only have four rear wheel's instead of eight. they've been available for a few year's. first time i saw them was in louisville a few years back.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
I need info.

the tires you are talking about that semi trucks run are called "super singles"
alot of trucking companies are going this route to reduce weight. less weight, more freight you can haul and be legal, (80,000 lbs being legal) i have also seen them on deisel p/u's that have big lift kits. they do look pretty cool.

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
maybe i should get one of those kits to switch to big rig rims and get em. they would have to look bad espicially in crome:D ... and traction for get about it:hail . well thats another day another dollar, i should say another year another grand or two.:dunno

anyone know any sites that have them???

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
the tires you are talking about that semi trucks run are called "super singles"
alot of trucking companies are going this route to reduce weight. less weight, more freight you can haul and be legal, (80,000 lbs being legal) i have also seen them on deisel p/u's that have big lift kits. they do look pretty cool.

^^^ i was gonna say that.^^^ i don't know who sell's em but i remember stumbleing acrossed a site a few month's back that had em.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
there is a rim made specifically for a dually truck.they use tires like the funny cars use.but i dont know where to get the rims yet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg