Sirius or XM?

JeffHK454

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is a little off topic but has anybody heard of any improvements with reception? I work in a manufacturing plant that's outer skin is made up of corrugated steel and completely blocks XM , and I'm assuming Sirius?

I spend 58 hours a week in there and if I can't use satellite at work then I can't justify the cost. I had considered receiving in my truck parked in the lot and rebroadcasting it over FM into the building , don't know if it's feasible
but currently it's my only option. If I do get it then it would have to be Sirius as I love the NFL and have been addicted to Howard Stern for 15 years.

Thanks, Jeff

Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
No worries about Nascar it'll still be live on TV unless they make it pay per view:rolleyes:

I like it on the XM so when I'm on a trip I can still listen. Beats the hell out of having to keep searching and listening to static filled broadcasts.

Ron

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Jeff if you're in front of a computer with Internet access you can listen to both services via their online feeds at no extra cost to your regular subscription.

Many metropolitan areas have a series of terrestrial repeaters that fills in the shadowy areas like tall buildings,overpasses and other manmade obstructions that blocks the view from the satellites in space.

And as Ron mentioned Satellite radio service definitely fills in the gap when on the road especially for many hours at a time without the stations never fading in and out:sweet

I'm somewhat a satellite radio addict:D

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
I got xm and love it,with working in colo 5hrs one way it beats the hell out of cds and trying to find a raido stations

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is one of the major selling points of Satellite Radio, continous coverage. I still marvel at the coverage when I travel long distances where I usually go thru two or three stations on the trip.

Dave:)

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
As previously stated the thing that made my decision was what I listen too which is why I chose Sirius. I am addicted to Howard Stern as well and they have RAW Dog comedy either sensored when the kids are with me or Unsensored. It's good to laugh!:roflmao :sweet :thumbs

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Gotta have the Comedy channels for sure! I do O&A in the mornings then Music the rest of the day but I also have Sirius as well to enjoy:cool:

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
After listening to both, I went to SIrius. I'm installing a unit in the truck (I will be documenting it in a future installation article that I will offer for posting here). The wife wants one in her Focus wagon, too. I shall be a very busy man, but will enjoy Radio Margueritaville and smooth jazz wherever I go when I'm through. The traffic reports for Atlanta and Orlando will come in handy, too!

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
And I used to be BEHIND the mike on terrestrial radio in the military and as a civilian after retirement. But when a group owner comes into town and buys nearly all the stations in your town, fires the air staff, and puts up a satellite dish to get shows piped in from a major market, I just decided to quit altogether and live on my pension. ;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58