Slow Fuel Gauge Response

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone else had this problem: my fuel gauge is slow to come up to full after I fill up with diesel. It does not occur each time I fill the tank, only occasionally. I thought I would throw this out to see if anyone had some ideas that might cause this.

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what causes it but mine has dine it since it was brand new. Often, it will not go to full until/unless I cut the key off. As soon as I cut the key off, it reads accurately. Don't know why, but it has always done it and I've just come to accept it over the years.:dunno

Reaction score
the 99's all did that on the fuel gauge. If i let mine get real low it is slow to come up i've heard the pump click then drove away and been like did i put any fuel in?

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '01 will be full when I get in and turn the key on. However, if I leave it running it will take about 10 minutes for it to register full.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My 03 is the other way around. If I shut the truck off while I am filling the tank, it takes several miles of driving for the needle to come up and register the new fuel. If I leave it run, I can watch it fill......

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
it's an antislosh program that will makes the needle move slow it will register incorrect fuel level if you park on a slope then takes a while to correct once you start moving turning key off will reset it when you fill up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14