Smellin diesel??

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Well I looked at it and there is a drip, but looks like its to far back to be filter? Not a real fast drip but somewhat steady or constant. I would appriciate the DIY info, I called a local Ford dealer an talked to a diesel mech there I know. He figures it would be around $200 if it is a fuel line ( which is what he thinks ). I'll take a better look at it tomm when I'm off work at 8am. Try an get a better idea just where its comin from. Thanks guys.

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
If it is way back there in the back then yes it is the fuel line. From what you said about it dripping steady and constant that is what it sounds like to me also.

empiretc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I went to all the Home Depots and lowes looking for the Danco #90. None had it. I looked through all the orings I have and only had 1. I am not going to tear into it unless I have both so I just have to wait until the kit I ordered from BCD comes in. I am still ketting 20mpg even though I am leaving little puddles of diesel every where I go. I wonder just how much better its gonna be after I get that leaked fixed.

empiretc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No, its just a little puddle. If I park the truck on an incline with the nose pointing down, it doesnt leave one. The diesel will stay sitting in the valley. Still I got to fix the leak.

Chatolue

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The Rotator

Hey Joe, Thanks for the input. As soon as it got down to 39 here the old drain valve started spitting every morning. Went to Wallyworld and got me one of the Stanley tools and snugged that sucker up. Well worth the 24 bucks, lifetime guarantee too.:sweet

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
Hey Fireman,
If you know a diesel mechanic and he's going to charge you 200 bucks to replace a line is he really a friend? I know when I'm over my head and need help it costs me some beer, a little pizza and occasionally a decent cigar and that was for help on my Scouts SOA. That's a friend:thumbs !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14