SMOKE - BIG BLACK SMOKE!?!

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
I have the Edge Juice Module withe an AFE Intake and 4 inch exhaust.Even on the highest setting it does not smoke. Thats funny u asked that question because I was wondering the same a few days ago, cheers

that's because you have the platinum edition edge...
the older first gen edge juice modules were put into production early before all of the testing/tuning was done with them, therefore they were pretty much just fancy "fueling boxes" that dumped more fuel and man they smoked like a train !!

the newer platinum units are actually a thousand times better than the first ones, and the tuning is way better.
my buddy upgraded his edge from early one, to one w/a jan 08 build date..
his new edge made almost NO visible smoke even on the highest power settings, and at the same time was making more power than the older one was

motoxraca33

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have the sct livewire and on the performance tune my truck smokes like crazy when i get on it, but when its not tuned it has no smoke at all.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
my livewire will smoke a bit on the high settings and so did my edge (if i turned the low boost fuel injection up)... i also have a smoke switch for those who decide they like to ride my @$$... and for all those dodge guys who think it's all about smoke... other than that mine is rather efficient...

motoxraca33

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
how do you hook up a smoke switch...ive been wanting to do it but dont know where to hook the switch up. what does it turn of when you flip the switch???

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind a little bit of smoke once in a while. What I find annoying is guys that are always pouring smoke 24/7. I'm a tractor pulling fan, and find that a big smoking diesel looks cool, but rolling coal driving down main street is just a waste of fuel. It also tends to upset people when the black clouds roll over them. If you really want to smoke, some companies offer smoke tunes designed to do just this. Turn it on, make a cloud to show you'r friends, and then turn it off to drive home. There is a time and place for everything. Sorry about the rant. Just wanted to share my point of view on the subject.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
No offense intended, but I believe that smoke is predominantly for those who feel a need to draw attention to themselves when they otherwise wouldn't get it.

Once they have my attention, I never find myself thinking that the dude next to me with the raw fuel pumping out of his exhaust is cool.

But then, like I tell my son... "Maybe it's just me that doesn't get it!?"

How did this thread get resurrected? It was 10mos old!

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
No offense intended, but I believe that smoke is predominantly for those who feel a need to draw attention to themselves when they otherwise wouldn't get it.

Once they have my attention, I never find myself thinking that the dude next to me with the raw fuel pumping out of his exhaust is cool.

But then, like I tell my son... "Maybe it's just me that doesn't get it!?"

How did this thread get resurrected? It was 10mos old!

+1..............when you get into the realm of insane 1000hp type performance the ridiculous smoke is expected. personally i am more impressed with the diesels that can pump in large amounts of fuel and burn ALL of it...COMPLETELY. anything more than a slight haze and its wasted potential power going out the tailpipe.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
how do you hook up a smoke switch...ive been wanting to do it but dont know where to hook the switch up. what does it turn of when you flip the switch???

you just tap into one of the wires (I did the blue one) going to the turbo.. it's a simple little plugin on the turbo.. when it is disconnected (only with high hp tunes) it causes the turbo vanes to open but doesn't allow the truck to build boost.. which equals lot of fuel and nothing to push it through.. so.. lots of big black smoke.. but there is absolutely no power... and im sure this isn't good on the turbo or the motor.. i use mine very rarely... just when i need to back someone off my butt :thumbs..

Last edited:

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
oh and once you have tapped into that wire you just run the connection through a toggle switch so you can break the connection on command..

there isn't much to it.. it only works on my high SCT tune.. my brother as an edge and it won't work on his..

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and once you have tapped into that wire you just run the connection through a toggle switch so you can break the connection on command..

there isn't much to it.. it only works on my high SCT tune.. my brother as an edge and it won't work on his..

so you jus run a wire to the blue on the turbo and then wat? ground it or run another back to the turbo again?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58