So who can i take this truck to...........

VIZARD

"Saddle up!"
Reaction score
Just an FYI: I know of three or four other people in the Montana region that have had unresolved 6.0 issues. Some dealer related.

Is something in the air up there?

Seems that folks that spend time in lower and higher elevations are having difficulties finding the right calibration to suit both atmospheres.

Florida to Montana is a big swing. Could be part of the problem and I'll bet Ford will continue guessing, if it is. Might discuss with your dealer. Could guide you in new direction. Got nothing to lose since nothing else has worked.

Mark Oomkes

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mjstef, is this problem all the time or just when cold?

We have an '05 (with auto) that is displaying basically the same problem, very slow until boost kicks in at 2200 RPM. Although it is OK when not loaded or towing. Hook a trailer and Bobcat to it and I am thankful we don't have many 2 way stops in our area anymore.

Slightly different, I know of 2 '04s and 1 '03 that are gutless until the temp gauge moves. 1 '04 is mine, the other is an Excursion rescue operated by the FD that I work for and the '03 is a wildland fire truck in CO. Both fire vehicles are kept inside at a minimum of 55* all the time. If they are outside, they are running. As soon as they warm up, they are fine, but it is sort of embarassing pulling out of the station lights and siren and basically not moving for approx 30 seconds. Neither of the 2 that I drive had this from the start. They both took off normally, even when cold. My '04 stays outside almost all winter and is just plugged in, still ran fine, started in about March this year at about 18-19K. Had my '04 into the dealer, couldn't find it\figure it out.

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
Mark Oomkes said:
mjstef, is this problem all the time or just when cold?

We have an '05 (with auto) that is displaying basically the same problem, very slow until boost kicks in at 2200 RPM. Although it is OK when not loaded or towing. Hook a trailer and Bobcat to it and I am thankful we don't have many 2 way stops in our area anymore.

Slightly different, I know of 2 '04s and 1 '03 that are gutless until the temp gauge moves. 1 '04 is mine, the other is an Excursion rescue operated by the FD that I work for and the '03 is a wildland fire truck in CO. Both fire vehicles are kept inside at a minimum of 55* all the time. If they are outside, they are running. As soon as they warm up, they are fine, but it is sort of embarassing pulling out of the station lights and siren and basically not moving for approx 30 seconds. Neither of the 2 that I drive had this from the start. They both took off normally, even when cold. My '04 stays outside almost all winter and is just plugged in, still ran fine, started in about March this year at about 18-19K. Had my '04 into the dealer, couldn't find it\figure it out.

It's REALLY bad when cold and doesn't get much better when it warms up. Not really good for a fire truck! Sorry to here of your problems. Seems like no-one knows how to fix these problems. Mine has been to 4 different dealers to no avail..............

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you really want to hear my answer to this question, but here goes anyway--take the 6.0 to a car dealer and trade it for a 7.3 PSD. Before you do that, remove everything from it that you can (i.e. accessories you have installed) so that you might be able to use 'em again but to me, it sounds like you've got a lemon truck and it's time to return to the nice old reliable 7.3 :thumbs :thumbs

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i have the same problem of horrible low end/ take off power i was also advised to put a chip on soi did and it didnt help . i have intake,exhaust and a 60 hp chip and it still suck compared to my 7.3 and i'm with you the auto sucks when you haul all of the time. everyone i talked to said how much power this thing had so i got one and am pretty dissapointed but i'm not buying a dodge so i guess i'll tuff it out until someone figures something out hopefully quick- keep posted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58