something blew

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Delivered parts yesterday and was leaving. Engine reving to shift to second and engine quits. Tried to restart, nothing. Stuck in middle of street. Went to call family to come with tow and when I got back, oil all over the ground. So now she is outside the house and Iam ready to tackle her. I think, high pressure line, hpop gasket. Anything else you guys can up with? Dont think I will stand to much work on her today, suppose to be 114 degrees. Dont cha just love it?
Dann

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Have you opened the hood yet? If it is a HPO line I think it would be very evident.

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
nah, just having my morning coffee. Opening the hood on a van wont tell you too much. Doghouse has to come off. Up pipes and turbo next, before i can see too much. Will let you know what I find, if I get that far today. It's getting hot by the minute

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
check the bolts on your stealth.i had one that stripped on install.didnt know it till i started it and oil spewed everywhere.also check the gasket between the rear pump and the spacer block.i blew that gasket out at 4200PSI :eek: but man did it pull like a mother till that gasket blew :D

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Rich, been taking things apart. I thought I was gonna find a mess, but no spray all over the place. Looks like coming from the front at pumps. You are probably right about the gaskets, will have to wait and see. Im gonna drain some water, disconnect fuel, turbo, etc. Then I will crank her over and see if I can see where it is coming from. I have about 5000 mi. on the stealth. If that gasket went, that's not good. I would be worrying from here on out getting stuck somewhere. This last week she has been acting up a little. I would start in the morning, let idle. About 10 seconds later she would go into a flutter mode, then clear up. She has always done this with the stealth. But this last week, she would do this and then clear up and then really loose power like she was running on 4 cylinders. Then all of a sudden, clear up and run all day like nothing. Air in system? I think so. Maybe when I find the culprit all the problems will dissapear, including the stalling after hard acceleration. Now comes the fun part, taking the rest apart. It's already 100 degrees and only 10:30. I dont know if I can last. Maybe in short spurts. For those of you who don't know how tight it is in a van, go to Rich's picture gallery, page 2, bottom center. That's what I have to work with.
Dann

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
do you still have the IPR in the rear pump?or did you move it back to the front pump?

no oil mess in valley of death?

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ipr in front pump. Didnt work in rear, blew everything to kingdom come when I had it in rear.
Ok, just disconnecting up pipes and I can see a lot of oil on exhaust manifold drivers side. Towards front of oil filter. Oil filter a little dirty, but dry. Also oil filter housing dry. I do have oil on top, how much I dont know. Still could be high pressure hose. Getting hotter.

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Turbo out, oil in valley and down drivers side exhaust manifold. Charging batteries now. Will install plate to cover turbo holes and try to crank in about an hour. Maybe I will have some luck to spot the leak.
Dann

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, found it. Cranked her over and can see oil gushing. Gasket between the two hpop's. Gonna pull them out and go back to stock. I cant have it going again in middle of nowhere.
Dann

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl