something blew

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Rich, On the back pump, I notice that right next to where the ipr is suppose to be, there is a brass plug on side of hpop. It is hitting the valley chamber wall. Don't remember that before.
Dann

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Back on it today. Already hot. Started to take lines off and unscrewed back fitting for the solid line connecting two pumps. That's all I had to take off because the front was already off. Pipe came right out. The fitting that screws into front pump had blown out. Just great. Now I will finish and let you know this afternoon what I find. So tight in there, will take a while
Dann

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok got her out. Yes blew the fitting right out of the pump. Aluminum threads still on the threads. Hole in pump pretty clean now, no threads. Front gasket has no evidence of blowby, will check center when I get her apart. I can take some pics, but don't know how to post
Dann

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, center gasket between pumps had no blowby. Changed back to factory stock pump. Is installed and I have cranked once so far. Have turbo delete plate on so I can start to make sure no leaks. So far so good. Would like to get running today. Any tiny midgets out there that can crawl in for me to finish. It's beer thirty now. Temperature is better today, 104. Yesterday peaked at 122 degrees. Got more done today. Hate working in direct sun.
Dann

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
finally lit after cranking 10-15 times. Didnt fill resevior. No leaks, will button up now. So gaskets were fine, hpop's were fine, just blew the fitting right out. Don't know why. But now I will be able to see how much difference with no strealth set up. I am not running chip or injectors, so here's the real test now.
Dann

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if you want send me the pictures and ill post them for you.but if you wanna try it yourself somewhere in the general forum are instructions on resizeing and posting pictures.

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rich. I will finish today. Just need up pipes intake filter and a few small thinngs. Another 1-2 hr. Will do after work. No weekend for me. Dang. Had to quit yesterday, thought I was gonna die with the heat. Just couldnt anymore. I will be happy when she is buttoned up. I will see if I can post pics. If not, I will send them to you Rich. Took a couple, hope they are good. Havnet look yet.
Dann

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl