Something I hoped I'd never see...

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ain't this a fine howdy-doo?? Found this Tuesday morning while leaving for work. I unlocked the door w/ the remote, and it wouldn't open. I thought at first that I just didn't push the button hard enough. So after 2 or 3 times, I noticed that someone had tried to pry the lock! :rant

Guess they broke the rod that operates the handle, so even after unlocking the door, they still couldn't get in! :tounge The weird thing is that I was in the process of swapping out the bench seat in the back for some buckets and there was NOTHING in the truck to steal? :dunno I'm not 100% sure of who did it, 'cause I didn't catch 'em (lucky for them :guns: :innocent) but I have a pretty good idea. While I was working on the seats, the guy across the street stood outside and stared at me the whole time. I guess he thought I was installing some amps & subs or something. Seems a little suspicious to me that the [attempted] break-in happened that night, after I went to bed. :watchout

I'm dropping my truck off at the body shop today to have this little piece of work fixed. Sucks that I'm outta pocket $100 for the ins. deductible, but coulda been MUCH worse. From the body shop, it's going straight to have an alarm installed (looking at a Prestige w/ 2-way pager, remote start, turbo cool-down, etc.). We're now in the process of moving. Selling the house and gettin' the hell outta Dodge. I've had enough of this town- moving WAY out in the country and putting some S P A C E between me and the neighbors! No more thumping stereos all day/night, no more trash thrown in my yard, no more outrageous taxes/car tag prices, no more cars doin' 60 mph through the neighborhood, no more drug dealers living across the street, etc., etc.

Makes me wish they'd pass a law for *limb* removal when convicted of stealing, breaking/entering, rape, etc. Bet it wouldn't take long for the crime rate to go way down! :sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
That burns me up EmptyDub. Glad that is all the damage they did.

Hope you catch them next time (hope there is no next time, but if so, hope you are the one that gets 'em)

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd thought about installing some of those JR. I called around and I can get a set for all 4 doors for about $85 ($300 installed), but wouldn't the alarm be enough on it's own? I mean, as long as I don't keep anything in the truck anyway, and the alarm system *should* prevent the engine from being started, what good would the jammers do beyond that? If they REALLY want to get in the truck, all they'd have to do is break a window- the alarm's gonna be screamin regardless. :dunno Just thinking out loud- you're right, a little more protection never hurt. ;tu

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Don't pay someone to install the Jimmi Jammers. Save that 215.00.

Did you check with our sponser Truck Security for the JJ's?

He also sales one for the tailgate.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that someone did that to your truck EmptyDub. Seems there are a bunch ungrateful bastards running around lately because someone jacked up the paint on both my front doors. I am with you about catching them in the act because I dont mind putting a hole in the door of my truck to prove a point.:watchout

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think if i caught some1 tryin 2 break in2 my truck i would loose it and probably be in jail !!!

JRJ04

Reaction score
I'd thought about installing some of those JR. I called around and I can get a set for all 4 doors for about $85 ($300 installed), but wouldn't the alarm be enough on it's own? I mean, as long as I don't keep anything in the truck anyway, and the alarm system *should* prevent the engine from being started, what good would the jammers do beyond that? If they REALLY want to get in the truck, all they'd have to do is break a window- the alarm's gonna be screamin regardless. :dunno Just thinking out loud- you're right, a little more protection never hurt. ;tu

x2 on saving the money! This is not hard to do and does not require any special tools at all.

To answer your question, yes the alarm will go off and should kill the ignition when its tripped. However, this is yet another deterrent for them. It makes it nearly impossible for them to pop the handle or bust the lock. Doing it that way is much less conspicuous than shattering a window. For the small price, I think it is more than worth it.

The key with security is to have more than 1 level of it. Make it as difficult as possible for them to get in and/or steal it.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
get Jody at DPTuner to burn you a chip with a "no start" in position "0"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg