Sound Deadening build log

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Finished the rear deck and back wall tonight.

sizeimage.php

Here is what I ended up doing to baffle the rear cabin vents. Probably not the best way to do it, but it should still allow air to escape while blocking the rear sound.

sizeimage.php

I had enough CCF leftover for the floor pans, so I treated the front and rear with what I had left. It was the very last of it so the 84 sq ft worked out perfect to treat the doors and floor/back wall.

sizeimage.php

I also put some small squares around the mounting points for the seat. After feeling the difference today with the floor treated and how much better the truck seemed to ride, I figured it couldn't hurt. I also threaded the two holes in the floor for the rear mounting brackets for my new jump seat with a tap and die.

sizeimage.php

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Tonight, I had planned on running all my wiring for my amps, but the kit didn't arrive on time. So, I took some of the left over MLV and added a layer between the back of the seat and the seat cover. As I went to put the back seat in to test fit, I noticed that the MLV layer the I applied to the back wall had fallen down and separated from the velcro. I was in a hurry installing it last night and forgot to clean the MLV when applying the velcro. The vinyl tape didnt hold the weight of the MLV either, So after a trip to Lowes, I used some staples to attach the Velcro back to the MLV and also used duct tape to seal the bottom and top. The vinyl tape does fine for the flooring application, but I would suggest using some duct tape when hanging the MLV. I didn't use any tape on the door as I didn't have any problems with the Velcro separating plus the door panel keeps the MLV tight against the sheet metal.

Here is the MLV I cut to insert into the back of the seat.

sizeimage.php

After repairing the back wall, I installed the seat and started the truck up. And boy, could I tell a difference with the back seat with the extra sheet of MLV. Noise from the rear is damn near non-existent now. I'm sure re-installing the door seals, carpet an replacing all the bolts to fill in all the holes will make some difference as well.

My sub box should be done tomorrow and then I will be installing the sub and wiring for my system. I'm still trying to decide on amps to run as well.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write up and all of the pictures, looks like a lot of work. How does it sound now after you been driving it a few days.
I see where you live in BC, LA. So when can I bring mine down for you to do it? LOL
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58