Spring Cleaning *pics*

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Did my annual spring cleaning today before heading out to the river. Any of you guys paint underneath or am I a nut like my wife tells me? I paint the undercarriage every two or three years. I just blast it off real good with the pressure washer and let it dry for a couple of days then shake-em and shoot-em. Seems to keep it rust free. Have probably did it a three or four times since the truck was new. It is amazing how much of an improvement $10 worth of paint makes. I shoot the axles, springs and frame. I use Krylon Rust Tough Enamel. I use Gloss Black for most of it and hit a few details like the shocks and sway-bar links with battle ship Grey. The Grey is the same color that Trail-master puts on there SSV Shocks.

Stop rust before it happens. Spray Krylon Rust Tough Rust Preventative Enamels directly on your metal surfaces. It chemically converts any rust formation to a black waterproof primer. It stops future rust from forming and dries to the touch in less than 30 minutes. No primer needed!

Under the Front:
Truck-n-boat005.jpg

Under the Rear:
Truck-n-boat006.jpg

Side:
Truck-n-boat016.jpg

All done and heading out :sweet
Truck-n-boat019.jpg

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Bigdog said:
Thats a DamFine rig you have and the boats not bad as well.

Bigdog said:
whats the fishing like.
Fishing will be good in a few weeks. Lakes are still iced over and the rivers just went out a few weeks ago so they are still pretty muddy and full of debris. We saw a few jump today but too murky to catch anything.

So anyone else paint underneath? I need back-up that I am not Nuts :thanks

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope you're not nuts crumm.

I'm getting ready to blast the underside of my truck w/ the sandblaster & then hit it with a good epoxy primer & then hit that with a good durable undercoating to make it last a bit longer.

Oh and you're not nuts until you start dropping fuel tanks & transmissions to get the entire underside of the rig..... oh wait that's what I'm going to do.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
BJS said:
nope you're not nuts crumm.
Whew thats a relief. I have been telling her but she would not listen :roflmao

BJS said:
Oh and you're not nuts until you start dropping fuel tanks & transmissions to get the entire underside of the rig..... oh wait that's what I'm going to do.
Now that is a little bigger project than I did. I have never painted the red part under the truck just the black stuff. The underside of the cab and bed still look good. I just wash and wax them a couple of times a year. I go the wash and wax route rather than undercoating. I have a 75' that was undercoated when it was new and water got in-between the undercoating in a few places and I caused some rust. In other spots the undercoating did not adhere good and peeled off. In the peeled off spots the paint looks good with no sign of rust. I think the undercoating might be a good idea in some places but not here.

Just for the record to make sure I don't get in the "nuts" category when I wash and wax the underside of the cab I wash at home with my pressure washer and a brush and do the waxing at the coin operated car wash in town. I hit the little button that says "hot wax" and spray the heck out of it. I don't get under there with a applicator sponge and a bottle of wax. :D

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
So anyone else paint underneath? I need back-up that I am not Nuts :thanks[/QUOTE]

I paint underneath mine. it sure does make things look better.:thumbs

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i paint the frame rails on the 94 every couple months.it keeps it clean/rust free and makes the DOT think i take care of the truck.plus it hides the frame weld job i had done to stretch it 3 feet :D

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
I am accually painting mine this weekend after I wire brush the frame.. I will be painting it with and underbody chasis paint

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58