stacks installed!!!

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
Are they about the same quality as the mbrp stack kits? I am condsidering stacks for my truck.

I would recommend this kit to anybody...I dunno about mbrp but this cheap a lil cheaper...I paid a lil over 600 for stack kit ( stacks included) and 3.5 exhaust coupling and clamp....believe me money well spent. Plus the chrome on these stacks are awesome...

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks sik350, I am thinking about stacks for my truck in the spring. The Grand Rocks stack kits are cheaper in price than the MBRP stacks I'm just unsure on how the chrome stacks will stand up to the harsh Canadian winters. The MBRP stacks are stainless but they are almost double the price. :dunno

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
yea but remember taht you can always buy more stacks...maybe even buy the mbrp stacks....and buy the grabd rock stack kit...beleive this kit is awesome

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet:thumbs :thumbs sik looks good can't wait to do mine. Not bad install time. Only 6 beers?:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao Looks good can't wait to see it in the daylight.

crzycowboy

Suporting Vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
Thanks sik350, I am thinking about stacks for my truck in the spring. The Grand Rocks stack kits are cheaper in price than the MBRP stacks I'm just unsure on how the chrome stacks will stand up to the harsh Canadian winters. The MBRP stacks are stainless but they are almost double the price. :dunno

Our Chrome goes through a 44 hour CASS test, which is an equivalent of 5 years worth of straight salt,and other chemicals used in road salts....so unless you get 5 straight years of road chemicals coming in contack with the stacks....I don't think you'll have to worry about the chrome for a while. Not to mention that your stacks will not have the same contact with the chemicals like the parts under the truck.

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem. Thats what I'm here for!!:sweet

Would it be better to get miter cut stacks or straights? I want to get some from you guys but am worried that 7" straights might smoke out the back of my paint, any truth to that? Sorry for the thread highjack...:)

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
Would it be better to get miter cut stacks or straights? I want to get some from you guys but am worried that 7" straights might smoke out the back of my paint, any truth to that? Sorry for the thread highjack...:)
Wow!...7" that's awesome......dunno about ther paint but I wouldn't be too worried about sytle of cut from the miter or staight cut...not to much diffrence.

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!...7" that's awesome......dunno about ther paint but I wouldn't be too worried about sytle of cut from the miter or staight cut...not to much diffrence.

Yeah, I got a big old truck, the single 4" silverlinetip just isn't cutting it anymore, thought that stacks would be cool. I already have big rig alcoas on it so that would help with the look. Bigger is better right?>:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58