stacks installed!!!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Yea man it's all mine. Well Part mine and part credit union if you know what I mean. Thanks for the compliment. Yea that would be the only way I would do a set of stacks. I am trying to 86 all of the chrome. And little by little it's happening. I would like to have them come to the top of my cab and then miter cut them on a 45 deg angel. I will keep looking but I just thought I would throw it out there.

i know what you mean, FoMoCo still owns mine for two more years.

is your truck a Lariat, i noticed that your door handles are color matched, and your head lights look like harley davidson's?

did you swap those out? :thumbs

Fx4ord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep it's an old lariat an 06' model(not really that old I know). I got the door handles from the dealer ship just call them with your paint code I think they were like $40-$50 each. I changed all 4 in about an hour. The hardest part is taking off the door panel and the first one was the hardest and it took like 8 min to figure it out. I posted in another forum in the "items wanted" section for some Harley headlights and like 2 days later I got a response form a guy in kentucky. He shipped the headlights to me brand new in the orginal ford parts box and then trusted me enough to mail him a check for the lights and packaging and shipping charge. It was a pretty sweet deal and we had mutual trust after a phone conversation.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
funny thing about the door handles. i won a full set on ebay for 9.99 plus 15.00 for s&h. got them painted for 75.00, and put them on today.

they look awesome.

Fx4ord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea believe me I know all about mod fever. I have raked out some serious coin in the last 6mths. The lights look good. I am thinking about either tinting mine or they make like a mesh paint to match your truck paint color so you really can't even tell that you have lights untill you either turn on the lights or hit the brakes. I will find some info on it a let you know in a PM. Since we have seriously Hi-jacked the crap out of this poor thread.

crzycowboy

Suporting Vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a Black Stack Kit. Or do you know if I can powder coat or paint a set of chrome/stainless ones?

View attachment 4190

View attachment 4191

View attachment 4192

View attachment 4193

With my experiance with "Black Chrome" most platers will not black chrome exhaust pipes, I'm told they just do not hold up to the heat. With that said I've been researching alternitives to this......I have a distributor in Caly, that has had his stacks powder coated. So far that has worked...but he is running twin turbo's on his Dodge, and that helps keep the EGT's down. I think the best way to do this is to have the stacks ceramic coated. Jet hot can do a black ceramic coating, and would last an extremely long time. Now there is other companies out there selling "Black Chrome" stack kits, actually these are Smoked Stainless, but give the look everyone is wanting. This is also an option for you! I hope this helps you out, and hope to see some stacks on that truck of yours!!:sweet

Fx4ord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my experiance with "Black Chrome" most platers will not black chrome exhaust pipes, I'm told they just do not hold up to the heat. With that said I've been researching alternitives to this......I have a distributor in Caly, that has had his stacks powder coated. So far that has worked...but he is running twin turbo's on his Dodge, and that helps keep the EGT's down. I think the best way to do this is to have the stacks ceramic coated. Jet hot can do a black ceramic coating, and would last an extremely long time. Now there is other companies out there selling "Black Chrome" stack kits, actually these are Smoked Stainless, but give the look everyone is wanting. This is also an option for you! I hope this helps you out, and hope to see some stacks on that truck of yours!!:sweet
Ceramic....Hmmmm I heard of this but I don't know anyone who has them. How long has your friend had his powdercoated? I don't drive my truck that much and when I do I take it easy. I don't think eget's with be a issue.

crzycowboy

Suporting Vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
Ceramic....Hmmmm I heard of this but I don't know anyone who has them. How long has your friend had his powdercoated? I don't drive my truck that much and when I do I take it easy. I don't think eget's with be a issue.

Ceramic would be something you'd have to have done to them. No-one to my knowledge actually has these stocked. You could buy a raw set of stacks from one of my distributors, then contact someone like JET HOTT that does ceramic coatings. As for the Powder coating, he's had his done for almost a year now, and they still look good.

View attachment 4195

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
I have painted the wye and various other fitting on stack kit with 1400 spray paint the i used my motorcycle exhuast and i dont have any compaints, You might want to try this way first before you spend the money on other stuf.. BTW the paint in not expensive try getting the paint at jpcycles.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58