stage 1 injector install gone really bad

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
the stage 1's were a HUGE improvement even with the edge programming. the truck is a completely different rig now, i can easily smoke out the highway, but the smoke is controllable even on the extreme program and EGT's are easily controlable as well. ;tu

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
You'll be amazed at the difference the 3" DP makes. Jody's tunes will make a heck of a difference as well. However, I don't reccomend startin the DP install at 3 am. HAHA Really though, be ready to put some time and a big pry bar into it. Trust me when I say BIG prybar, I mean like 4 ft. long. Good luck and let me know if you need any help with the DP and I'll try to give ya some advice if ya need it. Good Luck man!!

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i've done a few downpipe installs and i must say that a porta power alligator jaw tool works EXTREMELY well for bending back the pinch weld. i love that little tool. on my buddies lifted 4wd we were actually able to get the stock dp out in one piece. i couldn't believe that!!!

i think i'm going to have to put in a call to Dan Valance at ValAir clutch before i can put my call into Jody for tunes. This clutch won't stand a chance with Jody's tunes on these stage 1's. LoL

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
here's a little story for y'all. a few weeks ago when i only had the edge programmer on the truck with the intake, exhaust, etc.. i race a subara impreza.. don't worry it wasn't an sti model, but we stayed even til about 50 then he started pulling from me fairly hard.

now, with the stage 1's, i raced him again. this time there was no contest. from a 20 roll i pulled really hard from him right from the start and he never showed any signs of keeping up. we tried it from a 50 roll and although i jumped ahead about a truck length, he kept up til we got to around 65 then i blew away from him again.... so this little test really showed me how much difference these injectors made for me. with the warmer weather it's gotten harder to control my EGT's, but they are still kinda easily controlled unless i'm going up a very big hill. downpipe and cat delete pipe are on their way to my doorstep.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear everything is going good now with your stage 1's. Can't wait to start doing more mods to the truck soon. Keep up the good work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14