Stancor GPR

FourXFord

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got fed up with the OEM and aftermarket GPR's and ordered a Stancor. Are there any tips or insights or experience that could be offered from the pros, as I get out in the cold and change this unit out yet again. I noticed that it does mount differently from the last three that I've put on. Impossible cold starts until the GPR is replaced...then it's all good :(. (2003, 7.3 with 81,000)...Thanks.

FourXFord

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow...couldn't ask for more than that...wasn't sure if there were particular concerns with the wires on this Stancor, (White-Rogers) vs the OEM...This pretty much lays er out there...Thank you very much sir..

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
About 3 years ago when I still had my early 99, I replaced the failing OEM GPR with the Stancor relay. It made a HUGE difference in how well the truck started on a cold morning. I'm sure you'll be very glad you made that move too.

FourXFord

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the shout there Tail_Gunner...Got the Stancor/White/Rogers GPR yesterday. It is for sure a lot bigger than the OEM. Weather is supposed to warm up some this week-end so maybe I can switch it out and get the ol girl off the plug.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put one in Thursday night...it is a fiddly PIA but it does fit. I loosened the other relay (AIH I think) toward the front, my attach bolts were so long that they interfere with the barrel of the relay and ended up using an open-end wrench and less than 1/4 turn at a time....install the relay coil wires BEFORE you mount it unless you got little fingers! ;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AIH Relay

Hey Rich, FWIW ? I see you deleted the AIH.. Unless you've isolated the AIH [relay] it's self.. 12v power feed wize.. you might wana do that ? Just a thought but even though you've deleted the heating element.. the PCM would still be powering up the relay during a cold start.. if IT'S gone/going south.. you could have a parasitic draw going on there ? i.e., your recent Alternator Gremlins ?????

Joe

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe - that's a genius thought! Thanks. You are correct -- I don't even remember exactly what all i disabled on the AIH delete but I'll check the battery feed wire to that relay. Pretty sure it'll be hot!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58