Stand clear while venting. !*#*&$#! Truck!

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Ever since this thing has been paid off, it has been PITA. First the PCM thing and now the fuel bowl has a hair line crack in it! I notice fuel leaking on the garage floor today and took a look in the valley and it was full of fuel. There is a small crack around the two ports that feed the heads. So now that work starts getting crazy busy I have to replace the fuel bowl! $255 OTD at the stealership and it won't be here for 1-3 days. I guess I'll be leaking fuel for a while. While I am at it, I am going to install a fuel pressure guage. What size are the port plugs on the back of the bowl? Are these a good location to tap into?

Scott

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ugh! sounds like you have your hands full there Scott!

I have my fuel pressure gauge line connected to the back of the fuel filter like most everyone else but the thread is 7/16"-20 UNF-2A which would be a Boss O-ring type about same as the low pressure side threaded fitting on top of the HPOP.

Bill :cowboy:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sagebel said:
Ever since this thing has been paid off, it has been PITA. First the PCM thing and now the fuel bowl has a hair line crack in it! I notice fuel leaking on the garage floor today and took a look in the valley and it was full of fuel. There is a small crack around the two ports that feed the heads. So now that work starts getting crazy busy I have to replace the fuel bowl! $255 OTD at the stealership and it won't be here for 1-3 days. I guess I'll be leaking fuel for a while. While I am at it, I am going to install a fuel pressure guage. What size are the port plugs on the back of the bowl? Are these a good location to tap into?

Scott

Scott, It's called: Designed but Controlled Obsolesence (DCO). The "BIG 3" are electronicly connected to the Banks and Lending institutions... As soon as the last payment >clears< .... In our case, FORD... has a whole floor of "Geeks at computers".... In Dearborn MI, they start pushing buttons.... things start leaking, splitting, shorting out, frying, grinding, humming, buzzing, sqeaking and growling. Its all about getting us to say: THATS IT !!! this thing is Pizz'n me off... Its time to trade..... and the whole cycle (payment schedule) starts ALL over again ;) :roflmao

I tapped into the un-used port on the back, right side of the Filter bowl. Sorry I don't have the thread size but I'm sure one of the members will jump in with it. Many of the Site sponcors have good write ups on it.

JOE ;) :D

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
take the engine cover off, the allen headed plug on top drivers side is the same thread as the one I used. The port I used is back driver side. Not the best picture but it kinda shows where hose ends up.

31416055198.gif

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Shoot Scott, save the $225.00 and just JB Weld the crack in the fuel bowl............. others have done it with success.

L-DUB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Was that from Bay Ford or Parr? I usually try to get my parts from 1st Ford Parts.com because they're in Kent and usually have better prices. If I'm not mistaken, you can pick the part up there too if you order and pay for it through their website. I got my AIS through them but had it UPS'd to me.

JBweld doesn't sound like a bad bandaid though! :cool:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome L-Dub Let us know where you are from. We are here to help out if we can at all and I bet there is someone here who knows how it's done.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
L-DUB, where do you live? Have I seen your truck around?

I used Parr:dunno , it's on the way home from work and when I discovered it, I was hoping they had one in stock. First call was to Bay whom I prefer but they did not have one in stock.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14