Stand clear while venting. !*#*&$#! Truck!

L-DUB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm in Port Orchard. I drive a silver dually crew cab with sort of weird looking red graphics on the sides of it. I need to take a picture of it for my avatar I guess... I've had my truck to Bay a time or two for simple stuff since it was under warranty at that time. You're right in that you have a better chance of finding in-stock parts at Parr though. If I have to order something I usually go through www.1stfordparts.com which I believe is actually Bowen Scarff Ford.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
So we are probably within 10 minutes of each other. Where do you work? I'm headed out now to change out the fuel bowl. I've seen a couple trucks with the red graphics on them. I parked near one Tuesday night at work.

Scott

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Truck fixed. Took 1.5 hours. Fuel pressure is now 100 psi:dunno :eek: I also found that my HPOP is a reman.

I used two different fuel pressure guages and both read the same. I guess I'll check it in a couple days.

Scott

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
sagebel said:
Truck fixed. Took 1.5 hours. Fuel pressure is now 100 psi:dunno :eek: I also found that my HPOP is a reman.

I used two different fuel pressure guages and both read the same. I guess I'll check it in a couple days.

Scott
How's the engine performing with 100psi off the gauges? 100 psi could almost gaurantee fuel leaks.

Have you been into the FPR yet Scott?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sagebel said:

Scott

Off the top, and like Bill asks; Have you been into yer FPR yet?? I would think yer FPR spring could be bound up (Stuck). I would'nt wait a couple days. The 100 psi fuel pressure >could< have been what split yer filter case.
JOE

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Joe,you think the FPR can possibly go askew even if Scott hasn't been into it yet?

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Joe,you think the FPR can possibly go askew even if Scott hasn't been into it yet?

I'm not Joe, but my answer is HECK YES! Could have gotten stuck open or shut from deposits, or from spring deterioration or from many other things. Parts fail. FP regulators fail.

Additionally, I assume by "truck is fixed" that he did change out the fuel bowl, which, by my estimation, meant that he has been into the FP regulator in the process of changing the bowl out. My guess is that it was just not reinstalled correctly, or the spring is bound, or, or, or....

Now, the assertion that it may have caused the bowl to fracture is interesting. Almost makes one want to do some testing to see if that is, indeed, a possibility... I have a very hard time believing that something that is designed to maintain 70 PSI of fuel pressure (the int. spec) would not have enough factor of safety built in to handle 100 psi without fracture. That is assuming that it was not a defective casting, etc. Hmmmmm

To make a long story as short as possible, 100 psi has, in almost every case that I am aware of, caused fuel leaks. I would not wait a couple days to find and fix the problem, or else you may be repeating your efforts.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoss, Bill & Scott.... I actually witnessed a Filter case splitting from over pressure, due to the orifice being clogged, as well as the spring being stuck.

This guy had been Tapping (?) on the filter case, attempting to get the cover/cap to come loose..... Just my thinking... but he either cracked it by tapping(?) on it or it had a defect that the tapping(?) did'nt help.... then the 100+ pressure was the...... whatever. Sprayed a fine mist from just above the FPR, to the lip of the houseing.

I'v also heard of the FPR spring breaking, or going soft. Whatever is going on (Scott) I'd check that FPR out REAL good. As mentioned before, on here: Ford has a FPR re-build kit. It just about replaces Everything, with new everything.

JOE

Maybe something did'nt seat properly when you re=assembled the FPR, as you changed out the filter case ?

Last edited:

L-DUB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sagebel said:
So we are probably within 10 minutes of each other. Where do you work?

I work in Seattle. The commute is NOT FUN! Seems like it's dark when I leave for work in the morning and dark again before I get back home. Hope you get the fuel pressure issue worked out! I run about 67 psi on mine. I'm surprised I haven't seen your truck around too. I would have thought that ball bearing turbo of yours would have gotten my attention! :D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
you know on my old 02 7.3 i ran an external fuel bypass that sat right 67 -70psi. I ran it up to 80 then drove it and finally found the 67-70 to be ideal for idle knock and smoothness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14