stealth HPOP issues again!!!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok well i decided to put the stealth back in.i had to send it back for some updates and stuff.

last time i had it on i had problems with the truck very low on power,stalling and running like crap.i tried 2 IPRs and ended up blowing out the gasket between the spacer and rear pump.

well now im haveing issues again.it runs fine for a few seconds when it starts.then it starts to run rough and sets the CEL.does it on all 6 chip positions.its really knocky sounding and running rough.its not stalling this time though.i casnt find the plug for my scanner to see whats happening in the PCM.

so any ideas?i dont have a phone or home internet so i cant call bean to see what he says.hopefully bean or somebody else will reply to this before i head home

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Rich I shot Bean a email with a link to this thread. I don't know anything about the Stealth so that is about all the help I can offer.

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Running two lines or four? 2 IPR's right? Make sure you pulled all of the check valves out. If running 4 lines make sure you have each pump feading both heads.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
running 2 lines.no check valves,1 IPR.am i supposed to run 2 IPRs now?last time i did that it blew a gasket out and damn near emptied my oil pan.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
oh and if it comes down to it,how do i get it apart and go back to a single pump.if it aint gonna work this time ill stick with a single pump and sell the stealth.

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
For best results use 2 IPR's and 4 output lines but you still shouldnt have those problems with 1 IPR and 2 lines, problem that may come up is the stalling issue. You wont blow a gasket with the new design with 2 IPR's.

Not sure why you have so many problems with that setup Rich, we have over 130 Stealth systems out there and no one has problems like these.

Get you OBD2 hook up and see what the code is before you mess with anything else.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang dude..... I dont know anything about the pumps or your problem, but that sucks. I havent had a lick of problems with my pumps in over 15k miles of use.

JimTJr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think Bean hit the nail on the head,,,

Get you OBD2 hook up and see what the code is before you mess with anything else.
I mean why blame the HPOP system, your fuel pump could be bad, your injector
"O" rings could be bad..:dunno

Did you drive it while your pumps were getting updated? What I mean is has it run good for a while, or is this a "I still have an issue, and it never has been good since the first time thing?" If that's the case, this statement,
its really knocky sounding and running rough.its not stalling this time though.
Sure makes me think fuel related,,, But I am not really familiar with your problems, :sorry But let's make sure it's not something other than HPOP related, before ya sell the Stealth, you would regret that I bet.....(remember me, if you do though,,,lol)

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
(remember me, if you do though,,,lol)

Second that if I can afford it at the time..
Man that sucks, you have been fartin with this thing what seems like forever. If I remeber right you had an anti drainback modification on this thing pre-stealth, any chance that's affecting it? If we are back to square one, lets start there. I know we covered alot of bases last time.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok truck ran fine before i reinstalled the stealth.well except for its normal skip problem.

ok today i tried dual IPRs.it wouldnt even start no matter how they were wired.most it would build for pressure was 150PSI.i think i had the wrong IPR but not sure.i think the one i used was for the 94-95 PSD.i forget what the difference is and how to tell them apart.i took the second ipr out and put the plug back in,it runs again but still runs like crap.i got plenty of fuel pressure,somewhere around 85PSI.the CEL is the 1211 ICP above/below desired.i have another obd2 plug for my scanner but no personality keys for it but it still works without them.

im starting to think that maybe my truck cant have a dual pump set up or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58