Stealth Pump Woes

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well I got the system installed, started with the Evo uploaded. Tried the new chip with DP Tuner HPOP tunes, no start.:confused: WTS light never goes off. Pull the chip and it starts stock. I haven't run a chip in a few months. Maybe need to touch up the contacts with some solder.:dunno It seemed a little loose. Didn't try the DI chip.

Uploaded the Extreme program from the Evo and took it out for a hard drive to get the air out. Seems like a little more low and midrange, NO smoke once the on top of the turbo.:thumbs Use to have a pretty good haze before.

Now for the bad part...pulled over to fill drinking water jugs. Looked under the truck and it's leaking oil. Good trickle at first, after water was filled it was just dripping. Got home and it's trickling again and theres a slick under the truck. I can't see where it's coming from and everything's too hot to look too hard.

Here's what the undercarriage looks like after about a 10 minute drive...

DART505

LIFETIME GEARHEAD
Reaction score
It's probably the oil that get's spilled in the valley of the motor.:sweet

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Valley was dry before I started to re-install the pumps. I sucked everything out of the reservoir and soaked up what little leaked from removal.:dunno Now there's a puddle from what little I could see last night.

Going to go look at it now.-popcorn

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
did you make sure the pumps were straight?check all of your fittings and make sure they are tight.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
did you make sure the pumps were straight?check all of your fittings and make sure they are tight.

Yes, I used dial calipers to measure.

I think I found the leak. The back fitting on the "Z" tube had oil under it. The O-ring fitting and 90 connected to it were dry. I got maybe a half turn on it. Started the engine with no cross-over assembly so I could put my finger under the fitting while it was running. It was dry after a couple minutes of idling. Put all the crap back on to take it out for a good flogging. BTW, I put about 3 quarts of oil in.

Touched up the PCM contacts and chip is still a "no start." WTS start doesn't go off. Pull the chip and it starts fine. Now I'm gonna cool off before I go for a test drive.

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Antonio,

When did you get the chip reburned for the HPOP tunes? It sounds like the chip is not burned with the right code or there is something wrong with it. Did you get it from us or one of our dealers? With the dual pumps Jody highly recommends dual pump programming to run them.

Diane

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Diane,

I bought the chip from Bean. He had Jody write programs Tuesday night since he didn't have any 6spd HPOP programs, and sent me the chip on Wednesday 2nd day air so I could try and make the dyno day.

The PCM is APX1. I hope you guys can shed some light on the subject since its the weekend.

:thanks :thumbs

Antonio

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Antonio,

Jody said that you had emailed him. :sweet

:thanks

Diane

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics