steering stabilizer

Sakkit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Front End Shake

If my steering stabilizer was shot....would that lead to front end shaking when going over bumps? And by shaking I mean violent have to slow down to 30 km/h to gain control again?

Goliath

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If my steering stabilizer was shot....would that lead to front end shaking when going over bumps? And by shaking I mean violent have to slow down to 30 km/h to gain control again?

I dont think the shaking would be cause from the steering stabilizer. Its main purpose is to dampen the steering and to prevent bmup steer, it keeps your wheels from jumping when you hit a bump. Can you feeling the shaking in your steering wheel or is it just a humming in your front end? Could be ball joints? Or bad tie rod end... I had a problem about a year ago when I would hit a bump my front end would start to "hum" and I either had to slow down belkow 20 or wait until I hit another bump for it to stop. Turned out to be the small needle bearing on the backside of the hub that the outer axle rode on. Passenger side bearing was shot. Driver side was good and the hubs were both good. Just one little 79 cent bearing caused me all kinds of grief.

Goliath

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put the new Bilstein shocks on my truck a couple weeks ago and since they don't make a stabilizer for our trucks I bought a Moog with a lifetime warranty :) from O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Bilstein makes stainles steel bilstein steering stabilizers but they are only offered through superlift. You can run their single or dual kit to use their SS stablizers. But thats the only way I know of to purchase them unless you get a 4wd shop to just order a replacement for a kit. Im running their dual kit (matches the SS bilsteins I just installed)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Bilstein makes stainles steel bilstein steering stabilizers but they are only offered through superlift. You can run their single or dual kit to use their SS stablizers. But thats the only way I know of to purchase them unless you get a 4wd shop to just order a replacement for a kit. Im running their dual kit (matches the SS bilsteins I just installed)

ssoo, i hear you saying contact superlift and order the ss bilstein steering stabilizer.....eh!

i oughta look into that:hail

Goliath

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ssoo, i hear you saying contact superlift and order the ss bilstein steering stabilizer.....eh!

i oughta look into that:hail

Yessir! You should be able to contact them and order a replacement. I can call and get the part number today and PM it to you if youd like.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn't think of that. I checked out the Bilstein site and it states they only make stabilizers for RV's. I even tried to see if they meant Class C RV's because they would have the same Chassis as a SD. I couldn't find one and just decided to order a Moog. Good quality and LIFETIME warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58