Still having White Smoke

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after the EGR bug hit i thought i had things solved and all was good for a few days but now the white smokes coming back. could it be more EGR problems?maybe i didnt clean it good enoug? and another thing my truck just seems like it doesnt stay warmed up anymore like when i first got it u could come and crank it after 5or6 hrs of sitting and the gauges would read about normal for a warmed up engine but now if its parked for more than an hour its back on dead cold:dunno

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
iirc; didn't you just clean your egr awhile ago? i assume u did it correctly and did not get any cleaning agent or sooty crud into a certain few holes!?!?

the wihite smoke seems to be a tell tale sign of perhaps larger issues ie: head gasket troubles, egr, egr cooler, injector(s). best bet would be to take it to the doctor and have it checked out. get them to do a compression check and check for coolant loss.

good luck and keep us informed

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iirc; didn't you just clean your egr awhile ago? i assume u did it correctly and did not get any cleaning agent or sooty crud into a certain few holes!?!?

the wihite smoke seems to be a tell tale sign of perhaps larger issues ie: head gasket troubles, egr, egr cooler, injector(s). best bet would be to take it to the doctor and have it checked out. get them to do a compression check and check for coolant loss.

good luck and keep us informed

yea i think ill do that soon but i gotta slide that kitty back in real quick:sly

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went back and pulled the EGR again and discover a gash in the o-ring so i replaced them, but now it blows white smoke only if im idleing or if i let off the gas pedal fast any ideas. im trying to stay away from the dealer so thats not an option at the moment:dunno

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i am thinking exercising that 'option' is your only option....don't want to ruin anything else and make it worse...

fwiw & jmo

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i went to crank it this moring and noticed oil comin out the exhaust pipe so big blues headin to the stealership wednesday maybe it wont be to much:doh:

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys after a new EGR, EGR cooler, turbo and all new fluids ford seems to have finally got big blue up and running like a top. I tell you what i really did miss her while she was at the ford place for 7 days:D

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
strokin-

yep, that is the common theme (cause/effect - issues)

that is what i thought would be the case as it was the same w/ mine but a little more extensive..

glad its back and runs like a top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58