Stolen Trailer........THIEF CAPTURED!!!

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
it could be relicenced as a home made trailer and then you wont need a vin, the old could be grinded off, my dads two wheel dolly was stollen and a 16 ft trailer too, never found :(

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
it could be relicenced as a home made trailer and then you wont need a vin, the old could be grinded off, my dads two wheel dolly was stollen and a 16 ft trailer too, never found :(

True

But many trailers have VIN's in more than one spot, RV's for example. There is a weight/capacity/VIN sticker on the front left side of all 5th wheel campers and travel trailers. Sometimes that sticker becomes unreadable due to age, sun fading, getting scratched etc. There is more than one place to look for that number. :sly:sly

People who are stupid enough to try to steal a trailer aren't going to be smart enough to find all of a indeterminable number of etched/stamped VIN's.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
it could be relicenced as a home made trailer and then you wont need a vin, the old could be ground off, my dads two wheel dolly was stollen and a 16 ft trailer too, never found :(

+1 around here its so easy to fill out the "home made trailer" paperwork and get a trailer registered.....hell you could even leave the stolen VIN on and visible and it wouldnt matter. they shine a light on the suspension, kick the decking, check lights and coupler and congrats you have a new VIN and registration.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
It appears this guys image has been caught in the area of other thefts.........

The Collin County Sheriff's Office is asking for assistance in identifying the driver of a white Ford F250 extended cab (not 4 door) pickup. The truck has been seen in the area of several trailer thefts in the US 380 and Bridgefarmer Road area near Princeton, Texas. The pickup has graphics on the doors, diamond plate tool box level with the bed and chrome side steps. The driver is a white male with receding hair line and tattoos at least on the left arm.

Any person with information should call the Collin County Sheriff's Tip Line at 972-547-5112 or Sergeant Yeager at 972-547-5114.

CrimeWeb.net - Alert Details

Star Community Newspapers

Tbar

14126.jpg

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tbar, sounds like it's time to bait a trailer for this guy to steal, then bust his butt......Thinking something new and shinny......set up with lo-jack.....

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 around here its so easy to fill out the "home made trailer" paperwork and get a trailer registered.....hell you could even leave the stolen VIN on and visible and it wouldnt matter. they shine a light on the suspension, kick the decking, check lights and coupler and congrats you have a new VIN and registration.

It is even easier in some states. In GA you simply need to walk in and tell them you built a trailer. After the confused look from the license clerk you'll be leaving with a state issued vin tag & new license based on what you told them.

When I moved to FL with my trailer (homemade) all they wanted to see was a registration from another state and a certified weight slip for the trailer. If it was one I built and first registered in FL then I would need a receipt for materials used to show the license clerk.

EDIT: Oh and also consider some states do not license trailers. KY comes to mind, AL does not license boat trailers.

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
GOOD NEWS.............!!!

The truck was seen in the Colony and the plate number was copied......his home identified and police called.

The thief is reported to have been in possession of two stolen trailers at the time of his arrest but not the one from the video..........it is still MIA.

So..........one more bad guy down with the help of video cameras and internet friends !!!

Thanks to everyone that kept an eye out for this thief and his truck........but keep looking for the trailer.

Tbar

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, The cops know where he lives but the key is do you guys know where he lives? I would be finding creative ways to take the price of that trailer out of his behind whether it is found or not. (double if not)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl