strange surprise under the hood

coondog491

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like a chemical reaction. What you been cleaning under the hood with? Oil additives? Set it on the battery upside down when adding oil(battery acid)?

i have only used water to clean under there (dirt, mud) Just plain 'ol trusty motorcraft 15w-30.

wheres the best place to get one of these, Dealer? Junkyard?

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
...Lets just face it.... your engine is upset at you for not getting that BB turbo, and those new injectors.... just consider this a warning.... :-D

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Looked at the picture close.... It looks like you had a fire.... get enough oil... on a HOT day, and the temps are just rite on the inside with a bit of o2. I noticed the discoloration of the metal underneath the cap, has the genuine appearance of heat stress.

08SuperDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It's the rodents

My oil fill cap looks like a rodent has been chewing on it ???:dunno

I left a plastic gas can outside with an old oil/gas mixture in it (2 stoke gas) and rodents chewed the yellow cap of it as far as they could. I thought it was a fluke until now, I think that there are rodents out there that have a thing for gas and oil. . .

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF??? Mine has an edge chipped off just like that!! It has always been in its place but I just ass-u-med I had dropped it, put it back on & never saw the chip.
Very strange....

Mike

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
ive seen alot of caps that have holes in them not half as bad as that one but looks like something just poked holes in it or like a rat chewed it up. but never seen one look like that i thought it was due to heat and chemicals under the hood. but that was just my thoughts

bonfire

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
both my trucks have chipping/discoloring/wasting away oil caps. figured its was just heat and age breaking down the plastic. Guess I should replace them. Anyone have a coll billet oil cap or something other than stock?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim