stripped spline?

wade145

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 250 and under heavy throttle it slips sounds like an input output shaft or drive shaft. would it still drive if any of these were to slip a spline shaft? the rear drive shaft is sloppy but i wouldn't think it would still drive after slipping the splines.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 250 and under heavy throttle it slips sounds like an input output shaft or drive shaft. would it still drive if any of these were to slip a spline shaft? the rear drive shaft is sloppy but i wouldn't think it would still drive after slipping the splines.

WELCOME aboard SDD !!!

How many miles on yer 2K ?

Drop, Inspect and lube the Slip shaft, and check it's carrier bearing for any play. U-joints too.... but this sounds more like a tranny, or rear-end issue to me.. off the top..

Joe

wade145

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i'm taking the drive shaft in to have a new joint welded in it. the diffs are full. I just changed tranny fluid and filter it wasn't burn or brown but the filter looked nasty when I dumped it out.

wade145

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Also the carrier bearing is shot waiting to replace it till after the shaft is done hoping two days or so.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu

Sounds like you've Nailed it.

Let us know how it turns out for ya ?

WOW ! 134K ain't much.. for a 2K. Lots left in it for ya.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58