Strong diesel smell in cab!

Superbeast

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I got a leak today -will check it out tomorrow, several drips off the front diff. Hope it is just the o-rings, but seems to be an awful lot.I also have a strong diesel smell inthe cab. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.:dunno

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
When the drain valve o-rings go bad they really go bad. Lots of fuel hitting the ground and a strong Diesel smell in the cab. I like the smell but hate the mess;)

dougger222

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My wife mentioned the smell of diesel fuel in the cab a couple weeks ago so I investigated. To my surprise there were huge puddles of leaked deisel fuel all over the area were she parks the vehicle. It was obvious what she was smelling was leaked diesel fuel!

The hood was popped were diesel fuel was noticed all over the fuel filter bowl on the sides and down around the top of the block. I grabbed a pliers and decided to take off the fuel filter lid to see if the gasket was shot and to my surprise the lid came off way to easy. The filter and gasket looked good and the lid was tightened on and so far so good. No spent diesel fuel in the driveway and no diesel smell in the cab, over a week now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58