Help Needed stuck in Roswell NM

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
O6 .60 F350 DWDCC 4x4
After running from TX 60mph+came into small town and it just shut down, will crank but no fire. There was no pre warning or any thing i noticed before it quit, was monitoring all gauges pretty close cause it was workin hard bucking a nasty head wind all morning. Was towed 75 miles to Roswell to Ford Dealer late Fri after noon they scanned it and did not show any prob. they will get back to it Monday morn.
I checked fuel pump fuse and that shut down switch and drained any water that may have been in seperator.
I imagine could be many things but surprised they say did not see anything on scan.
Any ideas?
Thanks RJ

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Look up in the sky!! Little green space men. It will be interesting to find out what your problem is. Just off the top of my head, I would guess low oil pressure in the HPOP system. That would cause a no start as the oil pressure would be below 500 pounds pressure. But it would leave a code in the PCM (Computer).

Dave :dunno

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
How much fuel is in the tank?

I know it may sound like a silly question, but humor me. There is a reason I'm asking.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The HPOP runs your injectors, so YES it would cause it to quit running. Not a common failure, however.

Tail Gunner may be on to something for you.

Dave

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Had just fueled up not to far before so should be around 3/4 full.
One more thing i should mention we just installed a new welding bed and had to extended the fuel filler hose and shortin the metal filler neck. I did not think this would effect things but now wondering.

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just talked to ford say it is the IPR
Thanks for the help
Oh why the ? on fuel in tank
I do run sct in tow mode could this have caused my prob

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Remove the SCT tuner and try it again. My bet is it will work. If your fuel tank is below 1/4 tank or so, you could have draw problems. That is the fuel pump will not be able to draw fuel from the tank. Not likely.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I alway carried a extra IPR on trips. Just for that problem. Best place to start looking. Glad it was something EZ.

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did put it back to stock and that did not help. How easy is the IPR to change they are getting 600 bucks for it.
I try not to let the tank get down less than a 1/4

Is EGR delete something I should look into?
Thanks RJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58