Help Needed stuck in Roswell NM

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tuesday noon still waiting, they say along with the IPR was also some other oil pressure part don't remember what he called it. Will find out

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuesday noon still waiting, they say along with the IPR was also some other oil pressure part don't remember what he called it. Will find out

CYA your self. Ask them for the old parts and take them with you.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing the analyzer said there wasn't any pressure from the HPOP, so they replaced the IPR and it still didn't run. I'm betting the "other" part is the ICP sensor.

The HPOP pressure reading comes from the ICP. So if the reading is zero, they might have replaced the IPR. But if the ICP sensor is bad, you'll still get a zero reading for HPOP pressure.
:2c

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Hope your back on the road again but your HPOP can go out while driveing. Ford mechanics had a hard time figureing mine out even after it died on a test drive. Mine was still under warranty so most everything to do with the fuel system on the engine got replaced. I had hard starting when warm for a year first. If your out of warranty it could be expensive.

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well they got it done at 5:00 so needless to say I was a little up tight, the thing that upset me is they did not call me to let know any progress. The replaced IPR still did not run and told me a fitting came off the high pressure oil pump. $1833 total $980 labor
Thanks for all your replys hope it keeps running for sometime after this one.

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have had it in to several Ford Dealers around the country from just oil service to repairs and this is the first time I feel like they took advantage of me. I am at their mercy because I am always on the road traveling, this one I was not happy with.
Oh and of corse the state of mind I was in I totaly forgot to get old parts

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58