stupid cup throwers,(stole that from 95 stroker) strike again!

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im sick and tired of these cup holders,they have got to be the worst design ever,so not thinking i se my 32oz drink in there and take off,im headin to make a left and the light turns yellow so i take off around the corner and ther she goes.a fresh 32oz coke flys over at the passenger door and splat,all over the door and floor:rant who thought of making these holders a inch deep and 4 inches wide? what an idiot.has anybody found a replacement or some kind of fix for them,maybe like a new tray or something?:dunno

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
I thought the early 99's were bad. I lost my soda while crusing down the railroad track:dunno . Can't get a smoother ride than that.:lmao

Must be a way strap that soda down.:D Use one of those silly straws.:D

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I ditched my center seat altogether and built a wooden console with deeper cup holders. Really, who would be dumb enough to sit there with a 5 speed?

dante59

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi 97powerstroker, Funny this should come up today, i love that old 96 i have but the cup holder is crap .So just by chance i was going by the plumbing dept at Lowe's and saw a reducer coupling 2-3'' seems to work OK , but i have to say i haven't given it a fair test ..
dante59..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have found a >partial< solution to the PIA "Cup Thrower" thing. For 2 Travel Cups anyway ?

Found 4, flat, 2" refrigerator magnets.. glued 1 to the bottom of each cup, one to each Cup Thrower place.

The magnets are not very strong but just strong enough to give a little added stability. A bit of a push with yer thumb... Yer, Good To Go.

Also Tack glued some of that Non-Skid rubber mat stuff down, on the Thrower places.. Seems to help too.

:dunno

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I may have found a >partial< solution to the PIA "Cup Thrower" thing. For 2 Travel Cups anyway ?

Found 4, flat, 2" refrigerator magnets.. glued 1 to the bottom of each cup, one to each Cup Thrower place.

The magnets are not very strong but just strong enough to give a little added stability. A bit of a push with yer thumb... Yer, Good To Go.

Also Tack glued some of that Non-Skid rubber mat stuff down, on the Thrower places.. Seems to help too.

:dunno

Are you sure that your real name isnt McGyver, Big Joe? :sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that your real name isnt McGyver, Big Joe? :sweet

:lmao :lmao

NO... It's just when yer Retired.. You have MORE time to Fret and Ponder over things that Pizz you off.

Those "Things" usually lead me into the Research, Design, Development and in the end.. Production (fer Cheap).. of all manner of Widgetry :) ;) :D

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I've had scalding hot black coffee spill many times in mine. :rant My band-aid fix is to shove paper napkins under and around the cup for a more secure fit...but still it's never really secure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58