SuperDuty Tow & Transport Pics (What Are You Pulling Out There)

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
We tow this up and down the east coast.
Deck railing and skirting sto behind p-tanks
The deck folds up to protect the sliding glass doors.
Golfcart (~1000# electric) travels in the bed.

Da Beast (07 CC shorty) with a Reese DC HP and SCT tow tune make it happen.
OC2007setup.jpg

An overnight at Endless Caverns
Endlesscavern.jpg

that may be the coolest thing i've ever seen!!!!!!!!...wow:thumbs very nice:sweet

skippi

Hoof Arted
Reaction score
many thanks Stroke
She is unique and special.

The inside is just as kewl
hard wood floor, wet bar,
4'x4' clear skylight
5' bathtub!!
12'x3' slideout
LCD HD TV w/surround sound
ect.ect.
slideinterior.jpg

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
skippi, where are you located, I swore a saw that trailer, or one just like it in the virginia area this summer on the way to SC? Very nice setup. I looks great.

skippi

Hoof Arted
Reaction score
We reside near Latrobe PA
but
vay kay in Surfside Beach SC

so it could have been her
going down.

Thanks for the props.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GB -

thats NICE...gotta ask though...whats it weigh ?
are you towing that w/ a short bed ?

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I'll post some pics of my rig as soon as I get the skidloader hooked up on of these days. How do you post a pict in the reply?

EONEILL

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Chucking

2008 F-350 6.4 diesel 172 wheel base Dually 4X4 King Ranch with under 12k miles, hauling a 27 foot fifth wheel Canyon Trail RV. The trailer weight is approximately 12000 lbs gross. On the fifth wheel is 1710 pounds in the truck bed. I have run into a problem with it and I'm at my end with it! Here is my problem, with the RV hooked up in tow mode I can feel a strong forward and backwards pushing between 35 MPH to 55 MPH. With tow mode off the pushing is ligher at the same speeds, above this speed everything is smooth. Without the fifth wheel hooked up at the same speed and tow mode off the pushing can be felt very lightly. The truck has been in the shops with and without the RV. They have road tested it and shop tested with their computers. I have gotten replies back from mechanics at a Ford and Mercury Lincoln Dealership, "if it does not show up on the computer there is no problem.":dunno

Recently got a bigger trailer 35/fiver BIG COUNTRY trailer. Bucking and jerking appears to have stopped. The truck has just over 33000 miles on it. Your guess is as good as mine. Thanks for listening to me.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 F-350 Dually 4X4 King Ranch with under 12k miles, Hauling 29 foot fiver Canyon Trail RV. This is my first big truck. I have run into a problem with it and I'm at my end with it! This is the problem, with the RV hooked up in tow mode I can feel a strong forward and aft jerking between 35 MPH to 55 MPH. With tow mode off the jerking is ligher at the same speeds, above this speed everything is smooth. Without the fifth wheel hooked up at the same speed and tow mode off the jerking can be felt very lightly. The truck has been in the in several shops with and without the RV. I have gotten replies back from these these are, if it does not show up on the computer there is no problem!:dunno

sounds simular to an earlier vibration problem they had....

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
FORD:
2005-2007 F-Super Duty

ISSUE:

Some 2005-2007 F-Super Duty vehicles with a long wheelbase of 156", 158", or 172" (396, 401, or 437 cm) and equipped with a trailer hitch may exhibit a vehicle vertical vibration, often described as "hopping", on smooth or coarse road surfaces in the 42-48 MPH (68-77 Km/h) speed range. Although this behavior is considered normal for an over 8500 GVW truck, some customers may be sensitive to the concern.
ACTION:

To improve the 42-48 MPH (68-77 Km/h) vertical vibration, follow the instruction sheet included in the Damper Service Kit.

NOTE: THE INSTALLATION OF THIS DAMPER WILL NOT IMPROVE RIDE ON SEGMENTED CONCRETE HIGHWAYS, STEERING WHEEL VIBRATION/SHIMMY, OR GENERAL HARSH RIDE CONCERNS.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
5C3Z-5D008-A Damper Service Kit

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
070511A 2005-2007 F-Super Duty With Trailer Hitch: Install The Damper Service Kit. 0.6 Hr.

DEALER CODING

BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
5D008 42

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

skippi

Hoof Arted
Reaction score
EON says "fore aft"
to my feeble brain
this is horizontal??

The notice says