SuperDuty Tow & Transport Pics (What Are You Pulling Out There)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My boat is 18' as well, but it weighs in at about 3800lbs. Not sure which direction that I want to go with a camper yet, but it probably won't be as big as what you've got (or had).

How did you have the hitch setup on the camper?

A Reece Reciever Hitch.. welded to the 5r, main frame rails.. independant of any OEM crossmembers.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
ok maybe not.

so Ill post one of my new 20ft race rig. it was a "entry level" trailer but I cramed it full of options and it still is half the price of any trailer I found around me!

with the car in it I still have 3 extra feet of space even with the work bench in it!

jagular7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2005 CC C&C XLT

In this picture, pulling my Jeep a borrowed 20' trailer with the custom bed on the back.
100_1193.jpg

Sold the custom bed due to city ordnances and got my own 18' trailer and still have the Jeep.
100_2105.jpg

wexfordhunter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Pull a 27.5 ft 4 place inlne R&R snomobile trailer, just shy of 50' with the Excursion, trailer is about 6500# loaded. Depending on MI wind between 10 and 14 mpg.

charlie q

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ain't That The Truth.. Got pulled over twice, in 60 miles.. Once to verify the CDL.. once for a "Safety Inspection".. about the Hitch set-up tag, and Brakes on the Boat trailer.

Through the years I'd say, 10/15 times.

Don't see the "Doubles" much, here in Caly.. I can see why but.. Whata a PIA.. (when yer legal ?)

I don't have a cdl but I'm wondering if I'll need one (I haven't been stoped yet) I've got 26k bl tags combined length with truck and 3 axel trailer is 54' I'm pretty sure I'll never exceed my tag weight but I wonder which states will want me to have a cdl oh yeah I'm not getting paid/commercial just leisure.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a cdl but I'm wondering if I'll need one (I haven't been stoped yet) I've got 26k bl tags combined length with truck and 3 axel trailer is 54' I'm pretty sure I'll never exceed my tag weight but I wonder which states will want me to have a cdl oh yeah I'm not getting paid/commercial just leisure.

The thing to do, would be to contact your Home states DPS/DMV.. whatever.. and ask them the same question(s) you've asked here.

As long as yer not "Commercail".. in any way, you [should be] Okay. :dunno

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It always amazes me that as a CDL driver I have to have to a separate endorsement on my license for pretty much everything (currently I have hazmat/tanker and double/triples) but the average Joe can pull double trailers with just a regular license in a lot of states. I don't know what the laws are here in Alaska for non-commercial doubles because I've never had a need for the info.

Here's a pic of my truck and trailer somewhere in Canada on the way back home to Alaska. Not as exciting as what most people haul but it's all mine.
IMG_1088.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58