surge/flutter on an obs turbo

3-StarJ.R.

53 year old kid.....
Reaction score
Alan, it is a mild form of surge, the turbo is slowed down by the pressure it just built in the lower gear/load. When your tranny shifts @ to low an rpm to accomodate the fuel and air that your foot is calling for, it takes a monent for the exhaust to overtake the pressure on the other side of the compressor wheel. Mine does it in one of the burns I have that has the stock shifting parameters. on hard throttle from stop the first to second shift is two quick and I get the flutter/surge. Our surge is no where near as bad as the SD guys have.....Bet it doesn't happen in your extreme Tony burns where Tony has higher shift points built in when there is more fuel being call for....just re-read your sig, with the tall tires and the 3.55 gear you need to be winding it way above the ordinary/stock shift points....

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
It actually does it in all the chip settings from the economy to the new luke extreme. I am sending my chip back to tony to reprogram the shift points. It's shifting way too soon under light throttle and smokes alot(lugs the motor)probably because of the tire size gear combo, under heavy acceleration the shifting isn't bad but the flutter is always there. I guess I'll start with checking for an exhuast leak and go from there.
What was the part number for the chevy donuts that are good replacements for our stock ones?

Thanks for the explanation 3 star that makes sense. My setup may be causing the problem. I've thought about lower gearing but I hate to lose gas mileage(not that I can keep my foot out of it long enough to get any:burnit ).
Alan

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, it isn't surge, at least not like any surge I have ever heard.

It almost sounded like one of those fart cushions, except at about 30 times the pressure. Kinda like when Richter69 eats mexican food.

3-StarJ.R.

53 year old kid.....
Reaction score
twildman said:

It almost sounded like one of those fart cushions, except at about 30 times the pressure. Kinda like when Richter69 eats mexican food.

:rofl: :rofl: :nutkick: :nutkick: :lmao :lmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

you got a pm over there.......

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun to watch............

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
twildman said:

LMAO:roflmao :bootyshak

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
twildman said:

:eek: :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :sweet

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the exhaust donuts, this is what I have in my file (I've never used them so can't be positive they work):

(NAPA) f17250 (Chevrolet application)

Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14