Suspension for 2004 PS

jcabe1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 250PS, but when I hook my 2006 Flagstaff TT the rear drops about 6 inches. Are there any shocks that would prevent it from dropping? or is it a springs problem.

Thanks Jack Cabe:confused:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You have a spring problem. The shocks don't hold up the truck, the springs do. The shocks just dampen out the up and down motions. Now you can add some air bags (Firestone) to carry the extra load if you want to.

Dave

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
You have a spring problem. The shocks don't hold up the truck, the springs do. The shocks just dampen out the up and down motions. Now you can add some air bags (Firestone) to carry the extra load if you want to.

Dave

I second that... AIRLIFT makes a good kit also

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
jcabe1 said:
I have a 2004 250PS, but when I hook my 2006 Flagstaff TT the rear drops about 6 inches. Are there any shocks that would prevent it from dropping? or is it a springs problem.

Thanks Jack Cabe:confused:

Q.
What is the weight of the TT
WHat is its length?
What is your tongue WT?
Do you have an equalizer hitch?

Is your 250 a shorty or long bed
Do you have a lift installed
DId it replace the springs

If your dropping 6 inches, your tongue WT is pretty high, we need to establish the loads first then the resolutions,
like spring bars, WT distributing hitch, or air bags, etc, your max trailer on a bumper is 12,500 as per ford.
we need more info

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I use a simple set of Timbrens on mine, and they work well. Cheap, to boot.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I think we are missing the point.
yes bag or timbren will help bring the rear back up.

BUT
if its dropping 6", his Tongue wt is heavy probably near 1200 lbs. or over.
if it is he needs to use a wt dist hitch and spring bars to be SAFELY hooked up and keep equal traction on the stear axle.
TT need to be LEVEL and with proper tg wt and axle wt to ensure it tows with out fishtailing or bumper wagging. and an even load ditributed on each trailer axle.
Air bags and Timbren rubber buggy bumpers do not increase GAWR or tow rating or GCVWR, they only help to limmit the amount of squat. or reduce spring deflection under load and while moving.

-popcorn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14