Sway control

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not really heavy enough to need two sway bars. But I under stand the thinking. I would take it out on a 200 mile pull loaded with your gear. Only thing is make shore you load it even front to back. If you put to much in the back you'll get alot of sway. I would load it and find a cat scale and look at the weight see what you got. Your going to be moving things around till you feel good with it.;tu

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reese has a distribution sway control combo now too. That being said I have a buddy that just has the 1000# distribution with a 28ft tt toyhauler and no additional sway control and has no issues. His trailer is 10k fully loaded. Several guys we ride with have tried dual sway control with the distribution and it made the trailer very hard to turn/maneuver through parking lots and campgrounds.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Got it home yesterday. I forgot the friction bar mounting plate for the trailer at home so I just had the WD bars. Didn't pull bad but seemed light in the tongue. We'll see how it is once all loaded up.

Couple of pics:

DSC04325.jpg

DSC04324.jpg

DSC04328.jpg

DSC04327.jpg

Demonstration and shakedown planned for this weekend. I'm already making notes of mods to make.:D

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice TT... Make shore you get that TV antenna down flat I see it part way up in the photo or you'll be buying a new one. I put a red flag on mine when it is up so when I do the walk through I see it. Seen many up going down the road.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice TT... Make shore you get that TV antenna down flat I see it part way up in the photo or you'll be buying a new one. I put a red flag on mine when it is up so when I do the walk through I see it. Seen many up going down the road.

X2 on the TV antenna, that little gear inside will brake in just a short time going down the road bouncing. Nice RV.
Doug

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Already have the red flag on the antenna. I watched the guy at the dealership put it down and thought it was fully lowered. I wasn't impressed with the walk through. I knew more about it than he did.

I drilled a small hole and use a shower curtain hanger with a piece of red cloth on it. I also have a pre-underway checklist (it's a Navy thing).

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ Morro Bay, on the coast.. in the RV

Already have the red flag on the antenna.

I drilled a small hole and use a shower curtain hanger with a piece of red cloth on it. I also have a pre-underway checklist (it's a Navy thing).

;tu;tu NICE RIG..

It's a Navy thing ?

It's a EX Navy thing too..;):lmao

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58