symptoms of today

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
these were taken today after truck was warmed up and running. is anyone willing to consider this a problem? it is the best digital photo i could get. believe me it is blue and not white....

yesterday, i had contacted MN Dept. of Commerce-Weights/Measures to find out where i could get diesel cetane testing done. the lady wanted to know why i was asking and gave her the brief:roflmao version. to say she was slightly 'hot' was an understatement. she wanted the dealership name, service mgr. and tech's names. she had called ser. mgr. this morning and the repy i got back after her conversation w/ him was that 'they (dealer) never said MN fuel is s__t and they never said i needed to buy diesel from detriot. she did not use my name but she said the dealer had an idea of whom she was calling for. they said 'we have told this person if he does not want his truck to smoke that he needs to buy "premium" diesel'.

well, i have been buying 'premium' diesel from the locations they tell me too, from out-state like they told me too, and added their additives. all of which do not solve the problem. the W/M lady told me that she does not think this is a fuel issue, and i agree, i think this is a waste of my time to try and get diesel tested for cetane but what else can i do at this point. i need to provide proof to the dealership that the fuel is not the issue - which is what the W/M lady agreed to too. i need wait for 2 weeks b4 there results are back from state wide transfer stations dip testing comes in - to see if any abnormalities show up. i am to call her in 2 wks.

man, this is getting old and i am sure all of you are tired of hearing about it, but as i said earliery, what other choice do i have at this point. yes, get a lawyer OR dump the truck. both of which are fighting each other for the next step in what i do.

thanks for letting me rant. any input would be gratefully appreciated.:thanks

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
?

gotta ask what ya mean by "premium" fuel. I only know of one grade of fuel in my parts...it's generally pretty &%$! I get all my fuel from a high-volume card-lock and add CP Fuelconditioner with cetane-boost to each fill at the recommended rates. My trucks smoke pretty good when they're warming up

Be well!

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thx for the explaination

:( nothin like that available in these parts that I'm aware of. Was gonna ask you ifn you're able to talk to the actual mechanic that works on your rig or if your stuck communicating with the monkey at the fr desk? Sometimes a lot gets lost in the translation betwixt depts when one can't communicate with the actual individual doin the work on one's rig. I have to feel fortunate that I have good communications with the dealership personnel where I'm at.

Be well!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geeez Red;

If I were you, first I would tell the dealer to buy back the truck. Then since you guys are in such cold country, I would buy a F250/F350 with a gas engine. I do not think diesels like cold weather. Just my :2c

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
:( nothin like that available in these parts that I'm aware of. Was gonna ask you ifn you're able to talk to the actual mechanic that works on your rig or if your stuck communicating with the monkey at the fr desk? Sometimes a lot gets lost in the translation betwixt depts when one can't communicate with the actual individual doin the work on one's rig. I have to feel fortunate that I have good communications with the dealership personnel where I'm at.

Be well!

most of my info. has come from the tech. BECAUSE the front desk floor mat knows nothing. too bad the W/M lady did not talk to him. cause he is the one that said fuel is s__t here and their testing gets a 30 cetane rating. but she only talked to the floor mat...:roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14