symptoms of today

atk

Reaction score
hey Doctor Red, just tell your "HTH" truck to suck it up....:roflmao :roflmao

that would annoy me too, if i seen my truck smoke like that too....i still think it is oil burning. it does have a distinctive smell, when oil burns, no matter what type of engine....just my :2c

looking at trying some bio-diesel. local station is selling it now. i need to do some more research though....

Scot

;()
Reaction score
sounds to me like a GOOD DEALER is in order...

I second that, 4 years of history with this motor now, they are aware of all the possible problems, all the dealers have access to the same info from FMC and should be able to correct any problems. You have a tech that doesn't care or doesn't know the motor.

??? Couldn't an exhaust issue like this gunk up a sensor or 2 and make it run worse over time ??? -popcorn

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
??? Couldn't an exhaust issue like this gunk up a sensor or 2 and make it run worse over time ??? -popcorn

g'head, 'splain to all us how a FREE-ER FLOWING larger diameter
exhaust can gunk up a sensor or 2...please share w/ us...

when youre DONE ill share w/ you that there isnt a SINGLE sensor
that exists from the compressor exhaust outlet to the tail pipe TO
"gunk up"

Scot

;()
Reaction score
g'head, 'splain to all us how a FREE-ER FLOWING larger diameter
exhaust can gunk up a sensor or 2...please share w/ us...

when youre DONE ill share w/ you that there isnt a SINGLE sensor
that exists from the compressor exhaust outlet to the tail pipe TO
"gunk up"

Easy killer, did you notice the question marks (6 of them) They generally mean someone is asking a question. If I was stating something I believed to be a fact the "???" would not be there.

What I was asking is, (notice the ??? at the end of this sentence) Could the extra smoke, incomplete burn or whatever is coming out your exhaust pipe lead to a sensor getting an inaccurate reading and cause you more problems down the line if FMC doesn't correct it??? I was not blaming your larger exhaust for any of your problems, that's the dealers job. Thanks for splaining it to me about the lack of sensors.

I'm on your side here:D
Sorry about problem at the mall:-mad

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
it is STOCK. no 4" exhaust.

scot: i am w/ you all the way. i have asked that and similar ?? before. Could something so small and simple be causing more and more problems down the line the longer the problem exists. They say "NO". Tech told me he dropped my exhaust and looked down the cat and rest of the way. No issues he said. I would agree. My history is too long now to not be able to notice a issue. I just don't know where to go now. Any reputable dealer, one that i think is reputable anyway, would be a great distance of a drive - not practical. As i sit here now, i am gonna wait for diesel test results and then make up my mind to visit w/ a suit or dump it. I just can't deal w/ it anymore. Neither can the wife...:roflmao she says i am possessed.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to further complicate matters, but what are the odds of a sensor on the feed side? I don't really know what sensor malfunction would make the fuel burn blue, but...

Go teh next step, it seems to be fairly consistent, ie, no blue pulses, meaning it's not one cylinder going bonkers. Oil leak in the exhaust side of the turbo bearing?

Once it warms up, does it do it then? Did this just start all of a sudden?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
kleetus: been doing it for 3+ years... and i would agree w/ your thinking, similar to lean/rich in a gas engine. something is causing it to smoke. dealer says nothing is leaking, injectors good etc. although i would disagree w/ that.

dpantazis

Reaction score
red-

blue smoke- definitly not good. is it blue-white? do you have an AIC? i might start looking there. you said it happens at startup then goes away or is persistent? i am confused....is this the SAME truck that you have had the saga's with?

Salesman says I should.... in this thread?
http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3541

so I am clear, which dealership are you getting the run around at? Dealer 1 or dealer 2 or dealer 3?

from other discussion threads, fuel quality is not your issue. the moronic attitude of the service writer is. be careful and pick your battles... you gotta ask yourself is this one worth it?

what is it that you are after? if proving your point is that some service writer was a complete jerk and was rude, and the tech was incompetent then please take this with all the humility that i can mister over the web, get over it. we all have dealt with these jerks.

since you have a DOCUMENTED (nudge nudge, wink wink) your troubles, and have had dialogoues with fomoco and they HAVE been trying to fix this for almost a year now (that i can remember) you should be calling fomoco and complaining.

lastly- iirc, your lease was up in september 06. did you buy the truck from the lease?

are you trying to get them to fix something they already did under the repair warranty now after lease end? i think that you would have better luck squeezing bioD from a stone than getting them to fix something again.

why are you getting it serviced at the dealer if you are out of warranty? you should be able to find a GOOD diesel shop that can fix the problem or at least diagnose it proper like and then go back to the dealer and say blue smoke due to "the EGR f'd up again" fix it again tony...

dennis

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
red-

why are you getting it serviced at the dealer if you are out of warranty? you should be able to find a GOOD diesel shop that can fix the problem or at least diagnose it proper like and then go back to the dealer and say blue smoke due to "the EGR f'd up again" fix it again tony...

dennis

Who said anything about a FIAT? :roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14