symptoms of today

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
response:

red-

blue smoke- definitly not good. is it blue-white? it is both. according to my eyes. do you have an AIC? yes i might start looking there. why you said it happens at startup then goes away or is persistent? blue smoke every morning after start up - winter or summer. occasionally during the day obviously when it is warmed up. i am confused....is this the SAME truck that you have had the saga's with? THE SAME TRUCK

Salesman says I should.... in this thread?
http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3541

so I am clear, which dealership are you getting the run around at? Dealer 1 or dealer 2 or dealer 3? C: all of the above. started at the purchasing dealer, go nowhere. moved on to another, got nowhere. ended at 3 which i thought was a good one cause they are the ones who did the cab off engine repair. now they got the ford rep. and engineer involved who have said "truck runs fine, we will spend no more tech. time on this vehicle. if you want no smoke issue then u need to use premium fuel. which in their eyes is 49 cetane which can only be found in detroit." hence where i got the 'use detroit' fuel line....

from other discussion threads, fuel quality is not your issue. not so much fuel quality but the mpg and smoke issue. in proving that the fuel here is 'good' i can thus prove it is something wrong w/ the function of the engine and prove they are "morons". and according to the Weights/Measures lady whom i've spoke w/ she doesn't think the fuel is of issue either. the moronic attitude of the service writer is. be careful and pick your battles... you gotta ask yourself is this one worth it? i think it is worth it. don't get me wrong, i love the truck just not happy w/ how it performs. i don't like chevy bcuz of the torsion front end. dodge is a very close second to the ford. i am not a ford/chevy/dogde bleeding person. i just like the looks of the ford and having driven it for 3+ years have come to like it more. maybe i am just used to it. i don't buy on past loyalty. i buy on looks and function for me. at the time is was pretty much a toss up between ford and dodge on purchase. i had what i thought was a 'friend' at ford and knew no one at dodge. that may have been the downfall, i don't know.

what is it that you are after? if proving your point is that some service writer was a complete jerk and was rude, and the tech was incompetent please see above then please take this with all the humility that i can mister over the web, get over it. we all have dealt with these jerks. i totally understand your sentiment here and i appreciate your point blank honesty. and yes, jerks are out there. i am just certain that fuel is not an issue and some part(s) failure is. now my buddy who was the service manager at the dealership who did the major work is at another ford dealership and for the last 3 weeks HE won't return my calls. in my gut i think the idiots over at apple valley ford put some message in my file to the effect 'don't work on this truck this guy is a nut job' type of statement since they got the rep./engineer involved.

since you have a DOCUMENTED (nudge nudge, wink wink) your troubles, and have had dialogoues with fomoco and they HAVE been trying to fix this for almost a year now (that i can remember) for 3+ years you should be calling fomoco and complaining. i have tried that in the past at the suggestion of my salesman, ended up w/ some jack-o in Florida and it got me nowhere. gun shy i guess. i would say the next step is a lawyer. and i have researched a lemon lawyer, just have not pulled the trigger.

lastly- iirc, your lease was up in september 06. did you buy the truck from the lease? YES, still makin payments.

are you trying to get them to fix something they already did under the repair warranty now after lease end? No, they have not fixed anything. What they have done in my mind is throw parts at it in hopes of it going away. New (or maybe cleaned egr-how would i know), new pcm, new map, new maf. i think that you would have better luck squeezing bioD from a stone than getting them to fix something again.

why are you getting it serviced at the dealer if you are out of warranty? I am not out of warranty. I have until Sept. 08 or 100k. I would hit the 5 yr. end before the 100k. Side note, they did not charge me for the last 2 $100 visits because the pcm and the 2 sensors did not solve the problem - according to them. you should be able to find a GOOD diesel shop that can fix the problem or at least diagnose it proper like and then go back to the dealer and say blue smoke due to "the EGR f'd up again" fix it again tony...

dennis

Dennis, in answering this i hope it sheds light on your ??? and i hope in reading the pm helped too. thanks for your number, i may call you.
Dan

dpantazis

Reaction score
Dan-

considering your TOTAL history, i think you best course of action is to stop doing fuel research, and talk to an consumer protection attorney who specializes in auto issues. someone like Krohn & Moss.

http://www.krohnandmoss.com

Since you are out of the initial warranty, you will be taking action under the Magnuson Moss consumer protection statutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

you will need to prepare your documentation for the lawyers. make copies of all service tickets, dates, times, conversations, etc... you have to spend time to give the lawyer an exceutive summary with bullet popints and then index it to page number to make the attorney's life easiest.

dennis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14