tar removal?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i am sure there has been discussion of this in the past but i cant find it. anybody got the miracle cure for removal of tar? after her spit shine this past weekend i found lots of tar lurking under the scum from the past 4 months.:eek:
:thanks

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
try this

spray a liitle on a rag and rub it in, then wash it off with car soap and water.
it wont hurt the paint, and you can use it on elec connectors and anything that needs a good water displacer.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover

The #1 complaint about Bug & Tar removers is that it strips the wax as well. Turtle Wax® Bug & Tar Remover is an innovative product formulation that removes bugs, tar, tree sap, and road grime from your car's finish and restores a deep gloss shine. This is a gel formula that clings to vertical surfaces, thus allowing it to penetrate for better cleaning performance. Not only will it clean, this product also leaves a shiny protective wax barrier that helps prevent future bugs and grime from sticking to exterior surfaces.

Stock # Label Wt.
T-325 Liquid 16 oz.
T-526 Spray 12 oz.
T-520 Trigger Spray 16 oz.

Works good :sweet I use it all the time.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
robert- i don't own a plane!!:D :roflmao although seems as fast. a little off topic, but since all the recent work i've have had done, she seems just as fast.:sweet

budro- wd40 won't have any lasting effects on the paint??

crumm- i believe i have some bug/tar remover, (lemon scent) didn't seem to do a dang thing. :dunno the can is probably 1.5 yrs old. new when i used it though.

gentlemen, as always :sweet :thanks i'll try em all and see what works for me.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Ive used wd40 with no problems on the paint but I wash it off as soon as Im done with the tar. The tar just about melts off in seconds.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
i am sure there has been discussion of this in the past but i cant find it. anybody got the miracle cure for removal of tar? after her spit shine this past weekend i found lots of tar lurking under the scum from the past 4 months.:eek:
:thanks
A little gasoline on a rag works wonders. Wipe with some Windex, hit it with some wax when it dries.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
Ive used wd40 with no problems on the paint but I wash it off as soon as Im done with the tar. The tar just about melts off in seconds.

what he said

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58