terrible fuel mileage

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
lukecline said:
Yes i get 90% of my fuel at the same place, they move alot of diesel through there too. ive never had a bad tank of fuel through them.

where's the EOT sensor at?

does your little brother drive a diesel too? ? ?
I used to tap the brothers supply every once in a while :)

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
highfive said:
How long was the truck sitting during the rebuild? how's your fuel filtration could have dislodged some crap in the tank to plug stuff up?

BTW-you spin me right round LOL JK everyone thinks you are a sick SOB now.

engine was out 4 months or so and im on my 2nd or 3rd set of fuel filters already. I dont think its a fuel delivery issue, but just to be sure im changing filters as soon as they come in.

Tbar said:
You break a tip off one of those fire hose size injectors Luke................???

Tbar

no, it would have white smoke, miss and possibly hydralocked if a tip were broke

just drove it about 500 miles, getting about 12.5 mpg :(. While up at ricks we put some bio d in, ended up with a bout a 50% mix. really liked how smooth engine was, but mileage didnt change. hopefully this gets figured out soon, im tired of filling up every day or 2.

Last edited:

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe i do need to pull chip just to try it, dont really understand it though. i was getting 4 mpg better with the same program im running now:confused:

goldhilljoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope your MPG`s improve some for you. Just think how bad it would be with a gas:eek: burner under the hood.
BTW--At $3.35 per gallon ,there must be some real good stuff in there-should yeild another 20 mpg:D for us oil burners. just wail till we fill er up with ULTRA LOW sulphur fuel-good for a minimum 35mpg:roflmao

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You have probably checked it but just to cover the simple stuff how is the air filter? I don't see that you mentioned it above.

If it makes you feel any better I got 8.6 mpg on a 730 mile fishing trip to Valdez over the last four days. I did figure out what was wrong with my mileage though. It was because I screwed up and took our F150 with a 5.4 gas engine and it does not seem to like a heavy load and high winds. I am still not sure why I didn't take the PSD??? Dumb I guess. Anyway back to topic, how is the filter?

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luke, screw a 1x2 wooden block to the floorboard directly under the accelerator :eek: :roflmao :D

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing some problems with guys blowing the top injector o-ring fairly quickly after replacing them. If memory serves me right it was "paul H" but either way if memory serves me right that's the oil section. which would allow the oil to flow out of the top of the injector giving you slightly less pressure for the oil and possibly bad atomization.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok im kinda embarassed with such a simple fix. my fuel filters were dirty, they only had a few thousand miles on them, but i musta got a bad batch of fuel or somethin. thanks for all the help.

luke

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
:sweet Glad your not burning soo much fuel!

Are your filters pre-pump? WHat kind and micron filters?

#2 is some DIRTY stuff!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14