terrible fuel mileage

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
lukecline said:
ok im kinda embarassed with such a simple fix. my fuel filters were dirty, they only had a few thousand miles on them, but i musta got a bad batch of fuel or somethin. thanks for all the help.

luke
Crap happens, glad it is back to normal Luke.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Hmm...I was going to say a restriction gauge might help but since one is post pump the best way to go would be a visible fuel pressure gauge. Mine starts to flutter on acceleration when my pre-pump filter is getting clogged.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
I got a cheapy $20-30 100psi oil pressure gauge with electric sending unit. Been using it for fuel and wvo pressure gauge about a year now....

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well I went the cheap way. I got a 100psi liquid filled gauge from hydraulic hose shop and enough line to make it to the cowl. Notched the plastic so the hose doesn't get crimped when hood is closed. It rests on the windshield. Not the cleanest install, but hey, I know what my FP is doing under WOT.

Luke, didn't you loose a fuel pump? Did you change the filter after that? If not maybe that's what plugged your post pump filter.-popcorn

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
black_cloud_stroker00 said:
Do the 99-03 PSD's have pre pump fuel filters?
No just the one in the engine valley. The 100 micron pre pump filter is something he has added to his fuel system.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Luke, didn't you loose a fuel pump? Did you change the filter after that? If not maybe that's what plugged your post pump filter.-popcorn

no i dont think i changed them after pump install, coulda just been trash that got into fuel system after engine install.

Crumm said:
No just the one in the engine valley. The 100 micron pre pump filter is something he has added to his fuel system.

running bdp fuel system, nothin in the valley anymore:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14