Thank you Mr. red OBS!!!!!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
This past weekend Mrs TG and I decided to squeeze in a few days camping. We got to Van Riper State Park on Saturday. Saturday evening we were walking past a campsite 2 down from ours. On it was a 5th wheel camper and a red OBS. There was also a very, very strong smell of diesel fuel.

The next morning we got up, and that person, truck & RV were gone. But left behind was a camp site just soaked and reeking of fuel. I reported it to the staff there at the park. They looked up the person's address and they were from the Birch Run area in lower Michigan. The jack ass left a visable trail of diesel fuel from the campsite, to the dump station, the dumpsters and out to the highway. On top of it all, he never said a damned thing to the personel at the park. There is no way with a leak that bad, the driver would have not noticed it.

The fuel spill was so bad, the DNR folks had to remove the top 6" of the campsite with a front end loader and a couple of dump trucks!! And then fill in the depression with dirt.

Because he/she took off without saying anything at all, they might prosecute for creating an enviromental mess. The park people said if something had been said before leaving, they might have treated it as an accident. But because they snuck away without saying anything about it, sounds like someone will be getting a bill for a bunch of Sunday overtime for cleaning the mess up as well as a court date.

This sort of thing makes all diesel pickup drivers look bad. Maybe by turning the idiot in, I minimzed that "bad press".

Thank you Mr. red OBS for giving all of us a black eye!!!:rant:rant

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I really hate it when people do crap like that especialy at such a beautiful camp ground like Van Riper. At least they are not going to get away with it with out some type of punishment.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
dang OBS's and their fuel leaks..... i can't say anything cuz i have driven around with fuel leaks before i had the CPR fuel system, but i wouldn't have done that.. .

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
dang OBS trucks, lets crush em all :stir:D
:tounge

were the camping spots just dirt or asphalt to?
i destroyed a parking lot once with a BAAAAAAAD fuel leak, :rant

just be glad they didn't try to BURN it off

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OBS is the 92-97/8 Body Style, the powerstroke was first introduced in these trucks. This was the last bodystyle that all the Ford Trucks used the same body. In 97 the F-150 began the "Triton" body style and the F-2/350 kept the "OBS" In early to mid 98 the F-2/350 was released as a 99 with the SuperDuty Body style that only had some minor tweaks from 99-07. 08 was the redesign of the SuperDuty and the introduction of the 6.4L PSD. In 03.5 the 6.0L was introduced and was used throught the 07 model year.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, I didn't know that.... That was good info there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58