The '08 F450 takes up a lot of room

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Stephen,where are the T slots located on the 2008 SuperDuty trucks?

If this is turning into a classic piss match,posts will be removed.

Bill, the T slots should be located right in front of the rear axle on the frame, should be one behind the rear axle. There is also usually one located in the frame of the hitch.

On the front its about the same, one located in front of the front axle and one behind the front axle. You might find one mid-frame too.

That's how where the are located on my truck, I don't think much has changed on the 2008's

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'm trying to see where Tommy is slapping hooks onto for he's not using the T slots. Sorry still runnin by the book here;)

During my transport days in Cali,CHP was very strict about that stuff,I think commercial CHP officers made better tow operators at times :D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I'm trying to see where Tommy is slapping hooks onto for he's not using the T slots. Sorry still runnin by the book here;)

During my transport days in Cali,CHP was very strict about that stuff,I think commercial CHP officers made better tow operators at times :D

The hook that you see in pics Tommy used are a newly designed "J" hook. It has basically replace the old "S" hook and is more user friendly. You can get them into almost any factor tie-down slot.

You can also get the "T" hook into those same slots, but you have to be able to put the "T" in first and then turn it 90 degrees so the "T" is behind the frame and in the slot securely. So sometimes its easier to put the "J" hook in the factory slots.

As you know, sometimes you hook where you can get the most leverage on each chain. I have hooked on the hitch before when I hauled F250's & 350's on my trailer.

On a truck as big as the F450, you can see it takes up a ramp and a half. Be asured that all 4 chains are pulling in opposite directions of each other keeping that beast firmly planted on the truck. :sweet

A pic is below for those who may be wondering what the heck these "hooks" are we use to tie-down vehicles with.

cfbenderco_1994_2170447.jpg

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score

A boss at work purchased one of those multi-purpose tie down hook setups for hauling his new Corvette. He keeps the Vette in the lower 48 during the winter and up here during the summer. When he gets off the ferry in Haines he has someone meet him with his car trailer so that he doesn't have to drive the Vette on the gravel roads in the Yukon. He purchased the special tie down hooks wanting to do it right. He got the car all tied down but left the other spare hooks hanging there. Upon arriving home he found that the spare hooks had did a number on his car. When the car would bounce as the trailer encountered frost heaves the extra hooks would hit the trailer deck and then the car would come down on them and poke a hole in the belly of the car. The bottom of his nice new car looked like swiss cheese. Think he would have been better driving it on the gravel road :doh:.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
A boss at work purchased one of those multi-purpose tie down hook setups for hauling his new Corvette. He keeps the Vette in the lower 48 during the winter and up here during the summer. When he gets off the ferry in Haines he has someone meet him with his car trailer so that he doesn't have to drive the Vette on the gravel roads in the Yukon. He purchased the special tie down hooks wanting to do it right. He got the car all tied down but left the other spare hooks hanging there. Upon arriving home he found that the spare hooks had did a number on his car. When the car would bounce as the trailer encountered frost heaves the extra hooks would hit the trailer deck and then the car would come down on them and poke a hole in the belly of the car. The bottom of his nice new car looked like swiss cheese. Think he would have been better driving it on the gravel road :doh:.

On vehicles like Corvettes, Porsches, BMW's, Mercedes Benz, etc., the only way to strape one down is with a soft strap tie-down system.

A lot of these cars no longer put factory tie-downs slots in the frame.

We use strapes like the pic below. They go over the the top of the tire and have an attachment hook that you place on the ramp in front of and behind the tire and then you ratchet it tight.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not alot of room for comfort with that on the trailer. That is a sweet lookin rig though, the tool box is cool but you lose alot of storage space with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58