The 2006 Front End is Installed!!!!

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Folks, woke up to the same storm this morning. Rain, Snow, and 60 mph gusts. Hey, like I said, It's Idaho.

Here are the pics, so far. Hope to get a day to wash her and get some good shots.

The GOS upgrade harness is by far the way to go, lights are very bright and it's plug and play.

If ya want the parts, go to 1stfordparts.com, we had some issues with the orders, and they took very good care of me. If you want the new (2006) part numbers, let me know.

BTW, while there are a few times when two would have been helpful, this was completed by one individual. (Glutton for punishment as I am.).

Barrett

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have any pictures of the mounting rails for the Thule rack system? I'm curious if it will work, or could be adapted to work with the AccessCover tonneau I've got, since it would be just the ticket to tote the kayak around when the bed is full of camping stuff. Also, do you have any part/model numbers for the rack?

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Do you happen to have any pictures of the mounting rails for the Thule rack system? I'm curious if it will work, or could be adapted to work with the AccessCover tonneau I've got, since it would be just the ticket to tote the kayak around when the bed is full of camping stuff. Also, do you have any part/model numbers for the rack?

I will get them for you tommorow, It has a clamp system similiar to what connects the truck box. I'll send you some pics and a link. It seems ideal for what you are talking about since when it is extended, it is well above the cab.

Barrett

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I think you shoulda left the blue headlights. :roflmao

The new front end looks good Barrett and a whole lot cheaper than a new truck. :sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I like that front bar. looks real good,
is it as sturdy as it looks.
I need something like that here for "pull out in front of me's"
this weekend heading south through alabama. on 231
every car truck or van that pulled out in front of us (we were in the left lane) of HOGGED the left lane had a state tag starting with "I" followed by a "ndianna"

could have used a nice "BOO" guard

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm really pleased with it. And, yes it's sturdy. Mounts to the frame with very thick plates of steel. One above the bumper and connects to the side of the frame, and one that connects to the existing tow hook locations. I feel sorry for whatever runs in front of me now. :sly

Now I just gotta find me some new fog lights,(winch carrier blocks the stock ones), get my bumper cover back from the painters, (getting one painted toreador red to replace the black one) and decide whether to get a mini-spring pack, or try an add-a-leaf to get some height back. :sweet

Barrett

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Ive been looking for a set of newer headlights and turn signals for my truck. I like the look of the 2003 do you guys know if theywill fit my truck. and if so are you interested in selling architect? or anybody??
Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14