The Official Zoodad Mod Sticky Thread

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The Zoodad mod itself is all about getting more cold air into the intake,
but alot of us have "dressed" it up a bit to add some style to it.

This thread can also be used as a good resourse so new members
can see what the Zoodad is and how they can do it.

So post up pics of your "twist" on the Zoodad mod. :sweet

The Bama Downspout Zoodad Inlet/Grill

screeninstalled.jpg

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Is that the final one, bama? Didn't I see an earlier post where you were making one out of heat register and a vacuum hose or something?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Is that the final one, bama? Didn't I see an earlier post where you were making one out of heat register and a vacuum hose or something?

That's what I have on my truck now, the one I am
working on is kinda just for fun to see how it would work.

Scroll down to post #19 and you can see some pics of the one I am working on.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Mine's just a hole with the airbox snout shoved thru it. Covered with several layers of screen and a few zip ties to hold on the screen. I'll post a picture. Pretty simple but pretty ugly.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
So, do you guys honestly notice a difference with this MOD?

EGT's dropped. Stock set-up or aftermarket still has intake dead-ended against a fiberglass wall. Your engine is breathing what it can from under the hood.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, to be honest I really hadnt investigated mine that closley, but makes perfect sense! Im off all week, so guess Ill put this on my to-do list! Ill post pics of my results.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The King style zoodad.

I had the pieces laser cut. The material is all stainless steel. The louver had to be custom made to fit the application. Then I had to go to work with a hammer on it. The piece that the louver slides into has 4 M5 studs welded on the back that are 1" long(my advice is to go as short as possible because they can be a pain to start the nuts on). Its just basically like a sliding storm window, the way its made. Then I have the piece that I put behind the fiberglass cutout that matches to it to keep it from pulling out and to make a better seal(I sometimes over do things:dunno). I also have a solid piece that I can slide in place of the louver if the need ever arises. If anybody does a setup like this make sure you make your cutout and drill your holes low enough to be able to swap the pieces out easy.:doh: .View attachment 7724

View attachment 7725

View attachment 7726

View attachment 7727

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64