comment The Revenuers are Coming,

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When a State's DMV accepts "Most Major Credit Cards" to pay Registration Fee's (?).. That's gota tell ya somethin' 'bout the Tax/Fee rates, in relation to the residents ability pay Cash.

Here's a Caly Kicker: If you put a Cap/Shell on, or a Slide-in Camper in yer Pick-up bed ? You don't have to pay the Weight Fee.... and can get Car Plates. (I did this with my 91 DRW, and a Lance Camper)( 'til I bought a 5r)

BUT.. if you EVER take'm off ? EVEN temporarily.. Yul get a Ticket anda Hefty Fine for an Improperly Registered Vehicle.

The Revenuers are Come'n

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Seems like its never enough. You get a paycheck, already taxed, then pay tax on about everything else. Property tax, state tax, school tax, tobacco and alcohol products are taxed, road tax, fuel tax, it goes on and on. IMHO, cash will eventually go away, and you will deal with a series of credits, much like an atm card. I can see people having the ability to accept credit cards like a company does. And when were finally at that point, Uncle Sam will be able to tax any private transaction. I truly believe thats where its heading. :rant

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like its never enough. You get a paycheck, already taxed, then pay tax on about everything else. Property tax, state tax, school tax, tobacco and alcohol products are taxed, road tax, fuel tax, it goes on and on. IMHO, cash will eventually go away, and you will deal with a series of credits, much like an atm card. I can see people having the ability to accept credit cards like a company does. And when were finally at that point, Uncle Sam will be able to tax any private transaction. I truly believe thats where its heading. :rant

I hear ya. ;tu

As many others proly have... I've seen, read and heard predictions like that. Cash Money is becoming a PIA to most retailers. ATM, EFT, EBP is here.. who knows whats next.

Alot of clerks have a Hellofa time make'n change anymore.

Sign of the Times I guess.:dunno

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right around 98 bucks for my truck tags...and thats w/out any weight
restriction...plus my "safety" inspection (which is about 18 or 14 bucks per year).

we still got a little bit of room for a FEW of you GOOD <hard workin' tax payin'> GUYS, c'mon down !

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
i got one for ya when i bought my truck it cost me 1000.00 in taxes based on a 14,000 value BULL CHIT, @ 255K when purchased it aint no 14,000 trk but i did get a deal at 5,000 so anyways just my two cents

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, and everytime that vehicle is sold it will be taxed AGAIN!! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14