The SCT tunes just came in by UPS!!!!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
here is some more feedback on the SCT i got the other day.

today i finally decided to try out the #2 file (high power tune, 100hp-200trq)

i was still amazed at the power, i still believe this tune is more powerful than the banks six gun on level 6, and with the speed loader too.

very fast spool up (whistle is still great too) quick response when you push on the go go pedal, plus i still have the same add-on features of the aggressive tow/haul, torque conv. lock up on decel & accel, 10* sooner engine fan engagement, and EGR valve delete.

i would just about say that this file will be what i will use the most, i think it is the perfect tune for good performance, and the mileage wasnt bad either.

gonna try out the 30hp tune next week, so more feedback to come.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Is it that much better than banks six gun I'm starting to wonder if I wasted my money on that big hoss bundle.

bighoss, i still believe that everything in the bundle is a good product.

all of the air improvements are definitly worth it, but as far as the tuner goes, its alright, but the SCT does so much more.

it can be programmed to tighten up the tranny shifts and make them quicker and smoother, torque convertor lock up on decel and accel, quicker engine fan engagement to keep things cool sooner, more aggressive tow/haul mode for use when towing, EGR delete, and alot more.

it also eliminates the speed regulator (or however you say that)

it is pretty awesome.

03bighossf250

Da Man
Reaction score
Well I just called my performance diesel shop and orded it which one did you get the new livewire or the other one. The tranny shifting is the one this I really hated about the banks. Thats where i would get beat when the truck shifted. But as far as power you can tell a big difference?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Well I just called my performance diesel shop and orded it which one did you get the new livewire or the other one. The tranny shifting is the one this I really hated about the banks. Thats where i would get beat when the truck shifted. But as far as power you can tell a big difference?

YES!!! all 3 of the tunes i have, have great power. the insanity file is just unbelievable. the :D is still on my face.

i have just the basic xcal 1. it was on sell, and i had a credit with the shop, so we kinda swapped out.

rhino49

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BIGHOSS, you will not regret that change if you add the SCT Xcal2. The truck has incredible acceleration form 40-100 mph and the shifts are firm and smooth. While I have never driven a Banks-equipped truck, I can say without hesitation that the SCT is awesome with the right tune...it changes so many parameters on the truck. Or, if you get a chance drive an SCT-equipped truck with a looney tune and you'll believe.....

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I WANT!!! It sound like the many of you have had your truck for ten of thousands of miles. What type of parts am I looking at breaking adding a mear 150 HP and 250 Tq. I am just under the 10000 mile marker and I NEED a real world answer. Can i take this motor and tranny to 100000 miles with a SCT and not break anything? I know i need to worry about shreadding a whole lot of tire but will the truck blow a gasket.

Please help i can't afore to blow this truck up.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14